Leeds Academic Advising is now operating remotely.
Although our physical office is closed, we are still here for you for advising and registration help. You can continue to schedule appointments with your academic advisor here.
All advising appointments will be held via online Zoom meetings or phone. When you schedule an appointment online, your Zoom meeting link will be in the confirmation email you receive.
- We will hold registration drop-in hours via Zoom: Learn more about registration and Zoom drop-ins here.
- Questions? Please send all advising questions via email to your advisor or to LeedsUG@colorado.edu.
- If you are currently a first-year student you must attend a mandatory advising workshop prior to registration. These are now being held via Zoom. Click here to sign up for a workshop, and the meeting link will be sent to you.
- Students taking BCOR 22xx Mods this semester you must attend a mandatory advising workshop prior to registration (Click here to sign up for a workshop).
- Current CU student interested in Transferring to Leeds? Click here to sign up for Prospective IUT Group Advising.
Already a CU student and thinking of becoming a business major? We'd love to have you! There are a few things you need to do first in order to qualify for transfer.
Undergraduate students wishing to transfer to the Leeds School of Business from another college or school on the Boulder campus must do so through the Intra-University Transfer (IUT) process.
Applicants are considered for admission on the basis of specified criteria.
General Requirements for IUT to Leeds
- 24 semester hours completed, 12 of which must be graded coursework at CU-Boulder.
- If you have taken any business classes, you must have a business GPA of 2.0 or better.
- A minimum 3.0 CU GPA is required for admission.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of B- or better.
- Microeconomics (ECON 2010)
- Macroeconomics (ECON 2020)
- Introduction to Statistics (MATH 2510, SOCY 2061, PSCI 2075, APPM 3570, APPM 4570, CHEN 3010, CVEN 3227, ECON 3818, INFO 1301, IPHY 2800, MATH 3510, MATH 4510, PSYC 2111, and PSYC 3101 all count for statistics requirement) Note: AP Stats will not count for this requirement. If you are taking a statistics course outside of CU Boulder (at another institution), you must get the course approved by a Leeds IUT academic advisor.
- Mathematical Analysis in Business (MATH 1112) Offered to non-business students in the spring & summer semesters. Not transferrable; must be taken at CU. No ALEKS score is required.
Advising for IUT to Leeds:
Advising and information sessions are available in Koelbel. There are two steps to obtaining an appointment:
Walk-in appointments are NOT available.
Step 1: Review the IUT requirements and complete the “Advising Registration” by following the link provided:
Before you schedule an appointment, you must complete the registration*.
Step 2: Once complete, you can schedule an “Intra-University Transfer Advising Session” appointment at the Intra-University Transfer Advising Scheduling Website.
*If you do not complete registration, your advising appointment will be rescheduled!*
You cannot schedule an appointment with an advisor until you’ve attended one advising information session. During this session you will learn about IUT requirements, how your credits will apply to business, determine your potential graduation date, and have any questions answered with a Leeds advisor.
Students must have completed all pre-requisites before applying.
You CANNOT apply while requirements are in progress. Grades must be posted.
Your application will not be considered if you have pre-requisite courses in progress. Admission is granted on a space available basis.
Deadline for spring admission: January 3rd
Deadline for fall admission: May 31st
If you apply after the posted deadlines, your application will be reviewed for the next semester. It is recommended that students apply prior to the registration period so that they are guaranteed the best course availability - October 1st for spring and March 1st for fall. Leeds can’t guarantee the usual selection of courses for those who submit applications after the registration period, but we will accept applications up until the dates listed above. Admission is not guaranteed and is based on space availability.
Transfer to Leeds (from outside CU-Boulder)
While completing the University of Colorado at Boulder transfer process, you can apply to the Leeds School of Business.
You'll want to complete the following courses before applying to CU:
- Calculus (1 semester) or Business Statistics
Before you become a Leeds Student it's a good idea to start taking classes to fill your non-business degree requirements and your introductory business core requirements.
Be aware that once admitted you will need to complete a minimum of 30 credits in business courses as a residency requirement. If you have questions, see an advisor.
The CU Admissions Office handles all admissions for transfer students to Leeds. If you have specific questions about the admissions process and/or requirements, please contact that office directly at the CU Boulder Admissions Website.
Taking Business Core (BCOR) Classes as a Non-Business Student
During the Fall and Spring semesters, BCOR classes are restricted to business students only. As a non-business student, you may take BCOR courses through Continuing Education or in the summer. Registration in BCOR courses is not restricted during summer terms but you may need to contact the Leeds advising office to get assistance with registration.
- Adjusting to Remote Learning During COVID-19
- Academic Advising
- Business Minor
- Office of Career Strategy
- Certificate Programs
- Office of Diversity Affairs
- Leeds Residential Academic Program
- Leeds Honors and Scholars Programs
- Pre-Business Program
- Additional Resources
- Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative