Eligibility Information

For people who are not permanent faculty, staff or students on the Boulder campus, we offer a visitor or guest card.

People who need to access certain services at CU, but do not hold a traditional position that would qualify for a Buff OneCard, can use the visitor card instead!

Who may need a guest/visitor card (when properly sponsored):

  • Visiting professors
  • Visiting scholars
  • Temporary employees
  • Conferees
  • Vendors
  • Contractors
  • Guest lecturers

Guest Card Form

Guests/Visitors Card Options:

  • Guest/affiliate ID cards- New and Renewals
  • Departmental door access cards (please contact boc@colorado.edu before ordering this type of card)

If you have questions about what type of card is available for someone visiting campus, please contact the Buff OneCard Office at 303-492-0355 or at boc@colorado.edu.

Submit the form on this page and wait for confirmation that the Buff OneCard Office has received your request and follow the instructions on the follow-up email.

Cards can be set up to access electronic locks, meal plans, lab printing and more, if authorized by your sponsoring department.

The guest/visitor card fee is $10.