Spring 2023 Biochemistry Graduate Recognition Ceremony
The Department of Biochemistry's Spring 2023 Graduate Recognition Ceremony will take place Friday, May 12, 2023 at 9:00 am on the Jennie Smoly Caruthers Biotechnology Building West Lawn, with a reception to follow.
The deadline to submit a Spring 2023 or Summer 2023 graduation application in the BuffPortal and have your name printed in the BCHM Graduate Recognition Ceremony Program is April 1, 2023, at 5:00pm.
If you are a graduate planning to attend the Ceremony, please RSVP via this web form no later than April 15th, 2023.
Spring Cap & Gown Information: Undergraduate Students may purchase their regalia from the CU Book Store either in-store or online. Master’s and Doctoral (aka Graduate) Students wear regalia purchased online directly from Jostens. The deadline for Graduate Students to order regalia online is Wednesday, March 29th at 11:59pm MT. There is not a rental regalia option for students.
Information about the Department of Biochemistry Graduate Recognition Ceremony
- No tickets are necessary.
- Check-in for graduating students begins at 8:00am in JSCBB A108.
- All graduates should arrive to JSCBB A108 by 8:45am. This will ensure enough time for all graduates to check in before the ceremony.
- The procession begins at 9:00am.
- You may bring as many guests as you like, but please RSVP via this web form by April 15th, 2023. The Department of Biochemistry reserves the right to limit the number of guests per graduate if the anticipated number of guests exceeds the size of the venue.
- Graduation regalia is required for the ceremony, and can be purchased directly from the CU Bookstore.
- Disability accessibility and seating are provided. Real time captioning is not provided. Sign language interpreting is not provided unless requested in advance. Service animals are allowed. Large print brochures are not provided unless requested in advance. Braille ceremony brochures are not available.
- Parking is free throughout campus – please come early and try to find a place near the JSCBB in Lot 543 or Lot 548.
- The Biochemistry Graduate Recognition Ceremony will take place rain, shine, snow or wind. Sides of the graduation tent are open. Please dress appropriately for the weather. Graduates are asked to wear graduation robes; we also encourage you to dress appropriately under those robes. We do not recommend high heels as the lawn could be wet and may be difficult to navigate.
- A Commencement Address will be given by the Biochemistry Chair, Dr. Jim Goodrich.
- All graduates will be announced, congratulated, and receive a diploma cover. Actual diplomas should arrive by mail to student’s home address by mid –June.
- Light snacks and hors d'oeuvres will be provided during the reception immediately after the ceremony, in the adjacent tent.
- A reception tent will be provided so graduates and guests can visit before and after the ceremony.
- Students should leave their personal belongings with a friend or family member in the audience.
- We have a department photographer who will take pictures of every grad as they receive the diploma. These will be posted to our BCHM website for free download .
- Information on the University's campus-wide Commencement Ceremony can be found here.
- Parking: The office of Parking and Transportation Services has a number of suggestions about event parking.
- Photography: GradImages photographs students during the campus wide ceremony and will contact students via email regarding photo purchases.
- Please note: if you are attending a spring Commencement ceremony at Folsom Field, the university enforces a clear bag policy.