Personnel Coordinator • CU Boulder Jobs & Avature • Position Management • Recruitment & Hiring • College-Level Onboarding • Arts and Sciences Community Meetings • Temporary Appointments • Filing of Personnel Records
A&S Personnel Administration
Personnel Administration, Personnel Coordinator
- CU Boulder Jobs & Avature (Staff)
- Serves as a resource and provides guidance to Units to aid in the navigation of CU Boulder Jobs and Avature (i.e., how to share applicant materials with Search Committee members).
- Position Management, Recruitment & Hiring (Staff)
- Serves as college point of contact for questions related to staff recruitment and hiring processes and related policies.
- Collaborates with Units to determine appropriate personnel action (ie., creation of position, promotion, update position description, conversion of position from classified staff to university staff).
- Receives position description and organizational chart from Units and processes for review.
- Submits approved draft position description and organizational chart to Campus Human Resources Position Management Consultant for approval.
- Drafts and processes the appropriate Action Authorization Form (AAF) and Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) for review and approval including routing for signatures.
- Connects Unit with Campus Human Resources Recruiter, who will work closely with the Unit throughout the entire recruitment process.
- Tracks status of recruitment process and timeline.
- Receives Recommendation-to-Hire packet from Unit and processes for review and approval.
- Works with Director of Personnel to determine compensation.
- Notifies Unit of approval to extend verbal offer.
- Receives confirmation of offer acceptance from Unit.
- Notifies Campus Human Resources Recruiter and Coordinator regarding terms of offer/addendum with direction to process offer letter/addendum for signatures.
- Campus Human Resources Coordinator submits background check request and completes degree verification (if applicable).
- Submits welcome/onboarding email to candidate.
- Submits Personal Information Worksheet and Emergency Contact Form to candidate, which is automatically received by the College of Arts and Sciences Human Resources Service Center upon completion.
- Emails Unit checklist to initiate departmental onboarding for temporary and transfer employees.
- College-Level Onboarding
- Facilitates college-level orientation sessions to new and transferred employees
- Arts and Sciences Community Meetings
- Organizes and schedules the monthly arts and sciences community meetings
- Temporary Appointments (Staff)
- Serves as college point of contact for questions related to temporary staff appointments and related policies
- Collaborates with Units to determine appropriate temporary classification
- Drafts and processes the appropriate AAF and MOU for review and approval including routing for signatures, which is received by the College of Arts and Sciences Human Resources Service Center upon completion
- Submits Personal Information Worksheet and Emergency Contact Form to candidate, which is automatically received by the College of Arts and Sciences Human Resources Service Center upon completion