The University of Colorado Biomedical Engineering Society was founded in February 2012. It is one of over 100 student chapters nationwide who collaborate with and support the professional Biomedical Engineering Society.
Our mission is to introduce students to the profession of biomedical engineering, expand their knowledge of tools and techniques used in the field, and develop members’ leadership and professional qualities through a variety of technical projects, professional networking, and social events.
When We Meet
For the fall 2014 semester:
- Regular weekly meetings: Wednesdays, 5 - 6:30 PM, ECCR 139.
- Design team meetings: Thursdays, 6:30 PM - 8 PM, ECCR 135/139 (alternating every week)
If you are interested in touring Medtronic or AlloSource, sign up and fill out the form on the calendar page.
Good luck on finals and have a fantastic winter break!!
Chapter Events and Activities
- Designing an Engineering World Health kit with the help of engineers at Covidien.
- Attend/host the Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
- Traveled to the National BMES Conference - October 22-25, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas
- Become a member of the Colorado Bioscience Association and attend their events
- Be actively involved in the EWH kit design team, the RMMTC conference committee, or the STEM outreach program.
- Option of participating in the mentor program
- Observe surgeries
- Obtain the Discovery Learning aspect of CU's Active Learning Award
Official National Society Member Benefits
- Subscriptions to:
- Biomedical Engineering Journal
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Journal OR Cardiovascular Engineering Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly e-newsletter
- Other online journals
Next Weekly Meeting InformationWhen: Wed, Dec. 10, 6 PM
Where: ECCR 139
Join us for a end of semester celebration! Even if you are busy with finals, stop by to get free food!
Next Design Meeting InformationWhen: Thurs, Dec. 11, 6:30 - 8 PM
Where: ECCR 139
SponsorsIndustry Advisory Council-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado Engineering Dean's office