The University of Colorado Biomedical Engineering Society was founded in February 2012. It is one of over 100 student chapters nationwide who collaborate with and support the professional Biomedical Engineering Society.
Our mission is to introduce students to the profession of biomedical engineering, expand their knowledge of tools and techniques used in the field, and develop members’ leadership and professional qualities through a variety of technical projects, professional networking, and social events.
When We Meet
For the fall 2014 semester: Wednesdays, 5 - 6:30 PM, ECCR 139. Beginning 9/3/14
Fall Networking Event
Join us in a meet and greet between CU students and biomedical companies!
This is a great opportunity for companies in the biomedical industry to promote their company and get a head start in recruitment for internships and employment. On the other hand, it is a chance for students to establish professional networking skills and obtain more insight into the inner workings of the biomedical industry.
- When? October 8th, 6 PM - 7:30 PM
- Where? Discovery Learning Center Lobby in the Engineering Center
- It's free!
Students, bring your resumes! Business casual dress. Snacks and refreshments provided.
Chapter Events and Activities
- Aiding Covidien engineers in the design of an Engineering World Health kit of a prototype spirometer.
- Attend/host the Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
- Travel to the National BMES Conference - October 22-25, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas
- Become a member of the Colorado Bioscience Association and attend their events
- Be actively involved in the EWH kit design committee or the STEM outreach committee.
- Option of participating in the mentor program
- Observe surgeries
- Obtain the Discovery Learning aspect of CU's Active Learning Award
Official National Society Member Benefits
- Subscriptions to:
- Biomedical Engineering Journal
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Journal OR Cardiovascular Engineering Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly e-newsletter
- Other online journals
Next Meeting Information
First meeting of the Fall 2014 semester!
When: Sept. 3, 2014, 5 - 6:30 PM
Where: ECCR 139
Industry Advisory Council-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado Engineering Dean's office