The University of Colorado Biomedical Engineering Society was founded in February 2012. It is one of over 100 student chapters nationwide who collaborate with and support the professional Biomedical Engineering Society.
Our mission is to introduce students to the profession of biomedical engineering, expand their knowledge of tools and techniques used in the field, and develop members’ leadership and professional qualities through a variety of technical projects, professional networking, and social events.
When We Meet
For the spring 2015 semester:
- Regular weekly meetings: Wednesdays, 5 - 6:30 PM, ECCR 131.
- Design team meetings: Thursdays, 6:30 PM - 8 PM, ECCR 110
- The Medtronic tour is this Friday (3/13) at 3 PM! We are meeting in the Engineering Center parking lot at 2:30. If you did not sign up earlier and would still like to go, email Emi.
Project C.U.R.E. Volunteer Event!
Come volunteer with us to test medical equipment to ensure functionality so that it can be shipped to communities in developing countries!
This is a great opportunity for students to get hands-on experience with troubleshooting and working with medical equipment. It's also a fun time to get to know each other - plus we get all-you-can-eat sushi afterwards!
- When? Saturday, March 21, 9am - 12pm
- Where? Project C.U.R.E. Warehouse, 10377 E Geddes Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
- It's free and you can sign up on the Project C.U.R.E. page!
Chapter Events and Activities
- Designing an Engineering World Health kit with the help of engineers at Covidien.
- Attend/host the Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
- Traveled to the National BMES Conference - October 22-25, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas
- Become a member of the Colorado Bioscience Association and attend their events
- Be actively involved in the EWH kit design team, the RMMTC conference committee, or the STEM outreach program.
- Option of participating in the mentor program
- Observe surgeries
- Obtain the Discovery Learning aspect of CU's Active Learning Award
Official National Society Member Benefits
- Subscriptions to:
- Biomedical Engineering Journal
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Journal OR Cardiovascular Engineering Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly e-newsletter
- Other online journals
Next Weekly Meeting InformationWhen: Wed, Mar. 18, 5 - 6:30 PM
Where: ECCR 131
Next Design Meeting InformationWhen: Thurs, Mar. 12, 6:30 - 8 PM
Where: ECCR 110
SponsorsIndustry Advisory Council-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado Engineering Dean's office