The University of Colorado Biomedical Engineering Society was founded in February 2012. It is one of over 100 student chapters nationwide who collaborate with and support the professional Biomedical Engineering Society.
Our mission is to introduce students to the profession of biomedical engineering, expand their knowledge of tools and techniques used in the field, and develop members’ leadership and professional qualities through a variety of technical projects, professional networking, and social events.
When We Meet
For the spring 2015 semester:
- Regular weekly meetings: Wednesdays, 5 - 6:30 PM, ECCR 131.
- Design team meetings: Thursdays, 6:30 PM - 8 PM, ECCR 110
- Dates and times will be posted soon for Medtronic and AlloSource tours. Visit the calendar page for more information.
Project C.U.R.E. Volunteer Event!
Come volunteer with us to test medical equipment to ensure functionality so that it can be shipped to communities in developing countries!
This is a great opportunity for students to get hands-on experience with troubleshooting and working with medical equipment. It's also a fun time to get to know each other - plus we get all-you-can-eat sushi afterwards!
- When? RESCHEDULED for Saturday, Feb 28, 9am - 12pm
- Where? Project C.U.R.E. Warehouse, 10377 E Geddes Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
- It's free and you can sign up on the Project C.U.R.E. page!
For those of you who signed up for free CPR training with the American Heart Association:
- When? Saturday, Feb 28, 10am - 1pm
- Where? UMC 247
Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
We are excited to host three keynote speakers: Clint Accinni, co-founder of 5280 Prosthetics, Reginald Stilwell, AlloSource R&D Manager - Technology, and Heath Briggs, Greenberg Traurig Patent Attorney.
There will be a career fair and poster session as well, so bring your resumes and networking skills!
- When? Monday, Mar 2, 9am - 1:30pm
- Where? University Memorial Center
- There is a free catered lunch and you can register on the RMMTC website!
Chapter Events and Activities
- Designing an Engineering World Health kit with the help of engineers at Covidien.
- Attend/host the Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
- Traveled to the National BMES Conference - October 22-25, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas
- Become a member of the Colorado Bioscience Association and attend their events
- Be actively involved in the EWH kit design team, the RMMTC conference committee, or the STEM outreach program.
- Option of participating in the mentor program
- Observe surgeries
- Obtain the Discovery Learning aspect of CU's Active Learning Award
Official National Society Member Benefits
- Subscriptions to:
- Biomedical Engineering Journal
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Journal OR Cardiovascular Engineering Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly e-newsletter
- Other online journals
Next Weekly Meeting InformationWhen: Wed, Feb. 25, 5 - 6:30 PM
Where: ECCR 131
Next Design Meeting InformationWhen: Thurs, Feb. 26, 6:30 - 8 PM
Where: ECCR 110
SponsorsIndustry Advisory Council-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado Engineering Dean's office