The University of Colorado Biomedical Engineering Society was founded in February 2012. It is one of over 100 student chapters nationwide who collaborate with and support the professional Biomedical Engineering Society.
Our mission is to introduce students to the profession of biomedical engineering, expand their knowledge of tools and techniques used in the field, and develop members’ leadership and professional qualities through a variety of technical projects, professional networking, and social events.
When We Meet
For the fall 2014 semester:
- Regular weekly meetings: Wednesdays, 5 - 6:30 PM, ECCR 139.
- Design team meetings: Thursdays, 6:30 PM - 8 PM, ECCR 135/139 (alternating every week)
Project C.U.R.E. Volunteer Event!
Come volunteer with us to test medical equipment to ensure functionality so that it can be shipped to communities in developing countries!
This is a great opportunity for students to get hands-on experience with troubleshooting and working with medical equipment. It's also a fun time to get to know each other - plus we get sushi afterwards!
- When? THIS Saturday!! October 18th, 9 AM - 12 PM
- Where? Project C.U.R.E. Warehouse, 10377 E Geddes Ave, Centennial, CO 80112
- It's free and you can sign up on the Project C.U.R.E. page!
We will be coordinating car pooling at the weekly meeting on Wedneday. If you can't make the meeting, email us BEFORE WEDNESDAY so we can include you. Hope to see you there!
Chapter Events and Activities
- Aiding Covidien engineers in the design of an Engineering World Health kit.
- Attend/host the Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
- Travel to the National BMES Conference - October 22-25, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas
- Become a member of the Colorado Bioscience Association and attend their events
- Be actively involved in the EWH kit design committee or the STEM outreach committee.
- Option of participating in the mentor program
- Observe surgeries
- Obtain the Discovery Learning aspect of CU's Active Learning Award
Official National Society Member Benefits
- Subscriptions to:
- Biomedical Engineering Journal
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Journal OR Cardiovascular Engineering Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly e-newsletter
- Other online journals
Next Weekly Meeting InformationWhen: Wed, Oct. 15, 6 PM
Where: ECCR 139
Next Design Meeting InformationWhen: Thurs, Oct. 16, 6:30 - 8 PM
Where: ECCR 139
SponsorsIndustry Advisory Council-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado Engineering Dean's office