The University of Colorado Biomedical Engineering Society was founded in February 2012. It is one of over 100 student chapters nationwide who collaborate with and support the professional Biomedical Engineering Society.
Our mission is to introduce students to the profession of biomedical engineering, expand their knowledge of tools and techniques used in the field, and develop members’ leadership and professional qualities through a variety of technical projects, professional networking, and social events.
When We Meet
For the spring 2015 semester:
- Regular weekly meetings: Wednesdays, 5 - 6:30 PM, ECCR 131.
- Design team meetings: Thursdays, 6:30 PM - 8 PM, ECCR 110
- Dates and times will be posted soon for Medtronic and AlloSource tours. Visit the calendar page for more information.
Prepare for the Fair
- Jan 30th, 1 - 2pm, FLMG Idea Forge Classroom
Need to sharpen up your networking skills? Rachel Killiam from Career Services will be giving a presentation focused on heling students prepare for the Mechanical Engineering Career Fair.
Mechanical Engineering Career Fair
- Feb 3rd, 10am - 2pm, Engineering Center DLC
Come network with two biomedical companies in attendance: Covidien and Terumo BCT!
Terumo BCT Info Session and Demonstration
- Feb 3rd, 2 - 4pm, Engineering Center DLC
- AND Feb 5th, 5:30 - 7:30pm, JSCBB B115
Interested in unlocking the potential of blood? Learn about Terumo BCT at either of their info sessions: one conveniently after the ME Career Fair, and the other on east campus.
Chapter Events and Activities
- Designing an Engineering World Health kit with the help of engineers at Covidien.
- Attend/host the Rocky Mountain Medical Technologies Conference
- Traveled to the National BMES Conference - October 22-25, 2014 in San Antonio, Texas
- Become a member of the Colorado Bioscience Association and attend their events
- Be actively involved in the EWH kit design team, the RMMTC conference committee, or the STEM outreach program.
- Option of participating in the mentor program
- Observe surgeries
- Obtain the Discovery Learning aspect of CU's Active Learning Award
Official National Society Member Benefits
- Subscriptions to:
- Biomedical Engineering Journal
- Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering Journal OR Cardiovascular Engineering Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering News monthly e-newsletter
- Other online journals
Next Weekly Meeting InformationWhen: Wed, Jan. 28, 5 - 6 PM
Where: ECCR 139
Next Design Meeting InformationWhen: Thurs, Jan. 29, 6:30 - 8 PM
Where: ECCR 139
SponsorsIndustry Advisory Council-Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado Engineering Dean's office