Events with Alcohol

If you need help scheduling an event, choosing a venue, or have questions about alcohol service on campus, please contact the Campus Alcohol Agent, Bette Sellers-Anderson at 303-492-3269 or

All requests for an event with alcohol must be submitted 15 days prior to the event unless the event requires a SEP.  Please see the policy for the SEP process.

To request permission to hold an event with alcohol please use the Event with Alcohol Authorization Form.  Please submit form electronically using Adobe Reader.  Once the form is submitted for approval by the Campus Alcohol Agent you will receive an email confirming the receipt of the form.  If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 business days please resubmit the authorization request via Adobe Reader.   If you have issues viewing or submitting the form please make sure that you have the most current version of Adobe Reader which you can download by clicking on the words “Adobe Reader” at the end of this sentence. [Adobe Reader]
If you are confused about what kind of event you are having, and what the requirements are for that event, please refer to the interactive chart here.
If you are planning an event with alcohol you must follow the University of Colorado Boulder Alcohol Service On Campus Policy. The policy can be found at CU-Boulder's Policies: Alcohol Service on Campus.

If you are unable to use electronic submission, you can email the form to Campus Alcohol Agent at or mail the form to Campus Alcohol Agent, 31 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309-0031.

If you plan to use a Special Event Permit contact the Campus Alcohol Agent.

Follow these Event Process Steps


Give FeedbackSee More Photos View Photo