The BS/MS program is an opportunity for undergraduate students to start working on their MS degree while they are fulfilling the requirements of their BS degree. Specifically, undergraduate students admitted into this program will be allowed to use up to a maximum of 6 graduate units for both the BS and the MS degrees if the student can maintain a 3.5 GPA or above in their immediate next 24 credit hours (2 semesters, cumulatively) after entering the joint degree program.
The minimum GPA for admission is 3.25. Students are expected to submit applications during the sixth or seventh semester of their undergraduate program. As a guideline, applications will be considered from students who have completed at least 75 credit hours, but not more than 110 credit hours, of the necessary coursework to satisfy the requirements of the Department BS degree.
Applications will be evaluated by the individual graduate programs in the department and administered through the Graduate Committee. Additional restrictions may be placed in these rules by the individual programs.
The following is needed to complete an application:
- Application form (no application fee) must specify area of specialization
- Four letters of recommendation
- Part II of Application
- Civil, Architectural, or Environmental Engineering Undergrad Graduation Check form signed by the EVEN Program Undergraduate Advisor who will certify the number of required coursework hours completed
- Copy of internal transcript (available on MyCUInfo)
- To become a BSMS student in the Spring 2016: Completed packets and letters are due by Oct. 31, 2015.
- To become a BSMS student in Fall 2016: Completed packets and letters are due by March 31, 2016.