You are here
The School of Education is dedicated to preparing teachers to successfully educate all students and to advance educational equity and social justice. Teacher candidates explore instructional methods specific to their content areas, examine the social foundations of education in order to better understand and serve all student populations, and learn specific strategies to meet all students’ needs in today’s classrooms.
Teacher licensure programs leading to a Colorado teaching license are available for current or transferring CU-Boulder undergraduates, for Post-Baccalaureate candidates, and for candidates pursuing a Master’s degree concurrently with licensure. Master’s level programs are also available for teachers wishing to obtain a Colorado teaching endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education, Reading Teacher, and Special Education (Generalist).
The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), which entails rigorous and comprehensive evaluations of our teacher preparation programs and ensures that our students are thoroughly prepared to enter teaching upon graduation.
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- SMBF: Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- SMBF: Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- EPSY: Educational Psychology & Learning Sciences
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- Partners in Education (PIE)