Licensure Application Process
Neither the School of Education nor the University of Colorado Boulder awards teacher certification. Teacher Licensure program graduates are eligible to be recommended for teacher certification and must apply for certification with the Colorado Department of Education or other state licensing body.
Materials for Colorado certification are given during the mandatory Student Teaching Kick-off Meeting at the beginning of the student teaching term. Directions for submitting the materials and application are given at this time as well.
In order to be issued a Colorado Initial Teacher Licensure, all licensure program candidates must successfully complete:
- academic preparation requirements;
- Education course and field experience requirements;
- one of the state-approved licensure exams with a passing score;
- student teaching; and
- a bachelor’s degree.
Program graduates who delay in obtaining certification may be subject to any changes made in requirements for teacher certification.
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- Learning Sciences & Human Development
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- BA/MA in Ethnic Studies and Education
- Partners in Education (PIE)