The Volunteer Resource Center (VRC) is proud to partner with the Boulder Municipal Court in order to serve as a resource to CU students who are sanctioned to complete court mandated volunteer hours. Prior to completion of any service, students participate in a Community Service Orientation through the VRC, which counts as an hour of service. The one hour Community Service Orientation will provide attendees with the following information and resources:
- An overview of programs and services offered by the Volunteer Resource Center.
- The basics of how to be an effective volunteer and engage in meaningful community service.
- How to connect with volunteer opportunities on and off campus.
- Tools and support for time management and personal planning.
- Additional support resources and referrals.
- During the Community Service Orientation, participants will need to have their camera on and plan to be engaged with the facilitator and other attendees.
- Attendees will be charged $25.00 through the Bursar's Office for the facilitation of their Community Service Orientation.
The Volunteer Resource Center is open. We will have limited staffing and space to meet in person. Please request an appointment to meet with us virtually. Our staff can be reached Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 4:00pm via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: The VRC is not open on Saturdays and Sundays and our office follows all CU Boulder closures for holidays.
Per the VRC's agreement with the Boulder Municipal Court, volunteering at the following organizations will not count towards court mandated service hours:
- University Memorial Center (UMC) Front Desk
- Pre-arranged volunteering through a sorority or fraternity
- Program Council