Our staff will be working remotely March 27-30. The office will be closed March 31.
Spring Volunteer Fair
Join the Volunteer Resource Center for our Spring Volunteer Fair! This in-person tabling event is designed to connect local organizations with volunteer opportunities to college students who are looking to get involved. Student attendees will learn about organizations in their college town while discovering ways they can get involved in their community, learn new skills and make connections through volunteering. This is an opportunity for organizations to recruit and engage with new volunteers.
- The Spring Volunteer Fair is Tuesday, Feb. 7, from 1-5 p.m. in the UMC Glenn Miller Ballroom.
- Students and community organizations can share and learn about volunteer opportunities on CUServes all year round.
- Campus departments with volunteer opportunities, service based student organizations, and nonprofit organizations can sign up to table using the button below.
- For more information or additional questions, email email@example.com.
Sign up for a table at the Spring Volunteer Fair
For student attendees: How to explore volunteer opportunities
Below are some questions one might consider while looking for volunteer opportunities and questions to ask while interacting with organizations to explore how to get involved.
Think about what opportunities might be best for you. Here are a few things to ask yourself:
- Am I looking for on- or off-campus opportunities?
- Do I want to be involved in Boulder or other local areas?
- What skills or experiences do I hope to gain?
- What connections am I interested in building?
- What do I want to contribute?
- How much time can I commit?
- How far am I willing to travel to volunteer?
When connecting with community organizations
When connecting with representatives from community organizations, gather information to help you assess if an opportunity is a good fit for you. Here are some examples of what you can ask:
- What does your organization do?
- What are some of the ways I can get involved?
- What steps do I need to take to get started?
- What kind of time commitment is required to be involved with your organization?
- Where are you located?
- What community needs does your organization serve?
- What do volunteers do at your organization?