The VRC is proud to partner with the Boulder Municipal Court in order to serve as a resource to CU students who are sanctioned to complete court mandated volunteer hours. This program provides students with the support and information they need to be successful and self directed as court mandated volunteers. Students who have been sanctioned through the Boulder Municipal Court are required to attend an hour long orientation provided by the VRC. The orientation counts as one hour of community service and provides students with our service philosophy and information about how to get started to successfully submit proof of completion.
- An overview of programs and services offered by the Volunteer Resource Center.
- The basics of how to be an effective volunteer and engage in meaningful community service.
- How to connect with volunteer opportunities on and off campus.
- Tools and support for time management and personal planning.
- Additional support resources and referrals.
- During the Community Service Orientation, participants will need to have their camera on and plan to be engaged with the facilitator and other attendees.
- Attendees will be charged $25.00 through the Bursar's Office for the facilitation of their Community Service Orientation.
Per the VRC's agreement with the Boulder Municipal Court, volunteering at the following organizations will not count towards court mandated service hours:
- University Memorial Center (UMC) Front Desk
- Pre-arranged volunteering through a sorority or fraternity
- Program Council