Go all in with Alternative Breaks! The CU Alternative Breaks (AB) Program sends teams of college students to engage in meaningful service during their breaks from school. This program provides students with the opportunity to explore the United States all while making a difference through service, reflecting upon their experience, and creating long-lasting connections with others. We hope you’ll be a part of this experience!
- Each Alternative Breaks trip is led by two Site Leaders and has 10 participants.
- All full-time, undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate in or lead any part of the CU Alternative Breaks program.
- The cost for each Alternative Breaks trip is all-inclusive and includes transportation, food, lodging, and community partner fees.
- Alternative Breaks trips are drug, tobacco, and alcohol free.
- All Alternative Breaks trips travel to and from their destination in a 12-passenger van.
- All Alternative Breaks trips adhere to the 8 Components of a Quality Alternative Break and the Active Citizen Continuum.
The CU Alternative Breaks program is a proud member of Break Away: the Alternative Break Connection, Inc., a non-profit organization that supports the development of quality alternative break programs.