To recognize the significant contributions of postdocs and importance of postdoc mentors, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) will be recognizing Outstanding Postdocs and Outstanding Mentors during National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW), September 20-24, 2021. All nominations will be evaluated by a CU Boulder faculty panel. Outstanding Postdoc awardees receive a $150 Visa gift card.
Postdocs are invited to join the PAC Boulder Slack channel to stay updated with the group's activities.
The National Postdoctoral Association (NPA) is pleased to announce the IMPACT Fellowship Program, a six-month program that provides marginalized early-career research trainees with access to personal and career resources, along with opportunities to build skills, assess and better understand strengths, and develop new networks. The deadline is August 1. To access NPA, click on this link and follow the registration process.
The National Postdoc Association and Journal of Life Sciences are seeking committee volunteers for the first international virtual symposium to showcase and highlight postdoc contributions to ongoing research across disciplines. The symposium is scheduled for October 28-29.
Career development is a lifelong do-it-yourself project that, like home maintenance, can be a chore or a pleasure, depending on how you approach it, writes Inside Higher Ed contributor, Victoria McGovern.
Postdoc Funding Corner
CU Boulder's Industry & Foundation Relations team invites CU Boulder postdocs to seek certain privately sponsored funding opportunities. Opportunities are described below. All postdocs interested should contact Lisa Nanstad with Industry & Foundation Relations, who manages the campus's relationships with the funders and can support postdocs with proposal preparation.
- $231,000 over 4 years.
- Deadline: August 16, 2021
- $500K over 5 years to bridge advanced postdoctoral training and the first three years of faculty service.
- Deadline: September 1, 2021 (pre-proposal); November 1, 2021 (invitations for full proposal); January 2022 (full application deadline
- Award Date: June 2022
- Stipend depends on years of experience.
- Deadline: September 14, 2021
- Award Date: January 1, 2022
- $201,000 for three years.
- 2021 Application Cycle opens in August 2021
- Deadline: October 1, 2021
- Award Date: August 1, 2022
- Mid-August Website opens for applications
- $240K over 3 years.
- Deadline: December 1, 2021
- Award Date: June 30, 2022