To highlight the contributions of postdocs and postdoc mentors, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) will be recognizing Outstanding Postdocs and Outstanding Mentors during National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW), September 19-23.
All nominations will be evaluated by a CU Boulder faculty panel. Outstanding Postdoc of the Year awardees receive a $150 Visa gift card.
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Postdoc of the Year Award
The Outstanding Postdoc of the Year Awards recognize Postdoctoral Associates, Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Associates in temporary traineeship positions, who demonstrate excellence in research, communication and leadership.
Current Postdoctoral Associates, Postdoctoral Fellows or Research Associates in a traineeship position, at CU Boulder or affiliated lab are eligible. Prior Outstanding Postdoc of the Year Award recipients are not eligible. Nominations must be from a faculty member and nominees should have completed at least 3 months of postdoctoral service at CU Boulder at the time of application.
Nominators should be the postdoc’s faculty mentor or supervisor and submit a copy of the postdoc’s CV and a recommendation letter (2 pages max) summarizing the postdoc’s achievements in:
- Innovation or research contribution to the discipline(s);
- Research productivity including publications, presentations, performances and funding;
- Clarity of communication about the research or scholarly work and demonstrated commitment to communicate with broad audiences;
- Advocating for JEDI (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) principles on campus or in the discipline; and
- Leadership including mentoring, project management and service within the local, national and international communities.
Nominate a Postdoc by September 5 at 11:59pm
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award
The Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award recognizes a faculty member (or faculty members) who provide exceptional mentoring, training and leadership to postdoctoral scholars at CU Boulder.
Current faculty members nominated by a Postdoctoral Associate, Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Associate in a traineeship position at CU Boulder or affiliated lab are eligible. Mentors should have completed at least 3 months of postdoctoral mentoring at CU Boulder at the time of nomination, and cannot have received an Outstanding Mentor of the Year Award in the past.
Nominators should submit the mentor’s CV and recommendation letter (2 page max) from a postdoc mentee or mentees. The letter should describe how the mentor:
- Creates a supportive training environment suited to the needs of individual postdocs;
- Advocates for and guides towards professional independence;
- Champions JEDI (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion) principles on campus or in the discipline; and
- Provides regular and constructive feedback to postdocs to develop their careers.