It's that time of the year again and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) is excited to recognize the significant, wide-ranging contributions of CU Boulder postdocs during National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW), September 20-24.
NPAW annually celebrates the research and teaching activities of postdocs. Officially recognized by Congress in 2010, this year's week long celebration will feature a variety of virtual sessions covering topics specific to the postdoc community. Online offerings from CU Boulder and other select universities are listed below, as well as a keynote address from the National Postdoc Association to start the week. You can find a complete list of offerings from across the country on the NPA website.
The Research & Innovation Office (RIO) and OPA are also sponsoring Outstanding Postdoc and Outstanding Mentor Awards. Acknowledging the invaluable contributions of both postdocs and postdoc mentors, these awards will be announced during NPAW.
Monday, September 20
- 9-10am: Finding Funding for Your Research
- 10-11am: Postdoctoral Association of Colorado Boulder (PAC Boulder) Coffee Hour
- 11am-12pm: National Postdoctoral Association Kickoff: Virtues, Values and Vocation
Tuesday, September 21
- 12-1pm: National Postdoctoral Association: Connecting for Career Success
- 12-1:30pm: Project and Budget Management
Wednesday, September 22
- 11am-12:30pm: National Postdoctoral Association: Centering Your Identity and Interests While Preparing for Your Next Career Step
- 3-4pm: CU Boulder Career Services: Industry Job Search Seminar Kickoff
Thursday, September 23
- 9am-12pm: Professional Postdoc Portraits
- 10-11am: Transitioning from a Postdoc to an Early-Career Professional at a Federal Agency
- 12-1pm: Postdoc Proposal Writing Series: Explaining the Project in One Paragraph
- 5:30pm: Postdoctoral Association of Colorado Boulder (PAC Boulder) Social at Rayback Collective