To recognize the significant contributions of postdocs and importance of postdoc mentors, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) will be recognizing Outstanding Postdocs and Outstanding Mentors during National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW), September 21-25, 2020.
All nominations will be evaluated by a CU Boulder faculty panel. Outstanding Postdoc awardees receive a $150 Visa gift card.
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Postdoc Award
The Outstanding Postdoc Awards recognize Postdoctoral Associates, Postdoctoral Fellows, and Research Associates in temporary traineeship positions, who demonstrate excellence in research, communication, and leadership.
Must be a current Postdoctoral Associate, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Associate in a traineeship position, at CU Boulder or affiliated lab who has not received a prior Outstanding Postdoc Award. Nominations must be from a faculty member and nominees must have completed at least 3 months of postdoctoral service at CU Boulder at the time of application.
Nominators must be the postdoc’s faculty mentor or supervisor. The nominator must submit a copy of the postdoc’s CV and a recommendation letter (2 pages max) summarizing the postdoc’s achievements in:
- Innovation or research contribution to the discipline(s);
- Research productivity including publications, presentations, performances, and funding;
- Clarity of communication about the research or scholarly work and demonstrated commitment to communicate with broad audiences; and
- Leadership including mentoring, project management, and service within the local, national and international communities.
Nominate a postdoc here by September 6 at 11:59pm: https://cuboulder.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/31/home
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Mentor Award
The Outstanding Mentor Award recognizes a faculty member (or faculty members) who provide exceptional mentoring, training, and leadership to postdoctoral scholars at CU Boulder.
Must be a current faculty member nominated by a Postdoctoral Associate, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Associate in a traineeship position at CU Boulder or affiliated lab. Mentors must have completed at least 3 months of postdoctoral mentoring at CU Boulder at the time of nomination, and cannot have received an Outstanding Mentor Award in the past.
Nominators must submit the mentor’s CV and recommendation letter (2 page max) from a postdoc mentee or mentees. The letter should describe how the mentor:
- Creates a supportive training environment suited to the needs of individual postdocs;
- Advocates for and guides towards professional independence; and
- Provides regular and constructive feedback to postdocs to develop their careers.
Nominate a faculty mentor here by September 6 at 11:59pm: https://cuboulder.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/32/home