To recognize the significant contributions of postdocs and importance of postdoc mentors, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) will be recognizing two Outstanding Postdocs and one Outstanding Mentor during National Postdoctoral Appreciation Week (NPAW), September 16-20, 2019.
All nominations will be evaluated by a CU Boulder faculty panel. Outstanding Postdoc awardees receive a $150 Visa gift card.
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Postdoc Award
The Outstanding Postdoc Awards recognize Postdoctoral Associates, Postdoctoral Fellows, and Research Associates in traineeship positions, who demonstrate excellence in research, communication, and leadership.
Must be a Postdoctoral Associate, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Associate in a traineeship position, at CU Boulder or affiliated lab who has not received a prior Outstanding Postdoc Award. Nominations must be from a faculty member and nominees must have completed at least 3 months of postdoctoral service at CU Boulder at the time of application.
Nominators must be the postdoc’s faculty mentor or supervisor. The nominator must submit a copy of the postdoc’s CV and a recommendation letter (2 page max) summarizing the postdoc’s achievements in:
- Innovation or research contribution to the discipline(s);
- Research productivity including publications, presentations, performances, and funding;
- Clarity of communication about the research or scholarly work and demonstrated commitment to communicate with broad audiences; and
- Leadership including mentoring, project management, and service within the local, national and international communities.
Nominate a postdoc here by Monday, September 2 at 11:59pm: https://colorado.secure-platform.com:443/a/solicitations/home/6384. If you are affiliated with a national lab and cannot submit through the link, please email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Mentor Award
The Outstanding Mentor Award recognizes a faculty member who provides exceptional mentoring, training, and leadership to postdoctoral scholars at CU Boulder.
Must be a faculty member nominated by a Postdoctoral Associate, Postdoctoral Fellow, or Research Associate in a traineeship position at CU Boulder or affiliated lab. Mentors must have completed at least 3 months of postdoctoral mentoring at CU Boulder at the time of nomination, and cannot have received an Outstanding Mentor Award in the past.
Nominators must submit the mentor’s CV and recommendation letter (2 page max) from a postdoc mentee. If multiple postdocs are interested in nominating the same mentor, one letter should be submitted and signed by the multiple postdoc mentees. The letter should describe how the mentor:
- Creates a supportive training environment suited to the needs of individual postdocs;
- Advocates for and guides towards professional independence; and
- Provides regular and constructive feedback to postdocs to develop their independent careers.
Nominate a faculty mentor here by Monday, September 2 at 11:59pm: https://colorado.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/home/6385. If you are affiliated with a national lab and cannot submit through the link, please email materials to email@example.com.