PISEC is supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation under Grant No. PHY-1734006 as part of the JILA Physics Frontier Center. PISEC has also received funding from NSF AISL Grant No. DRL-1423496, .
PISEC is a highly-awarded program and has won several additional grants, including the following:
- CU Outreach Award 2017-2018: A Computation Based Curriculum for PISEC.
- CU Outreach Award 2015-2016: Incorporating Physics and Performance Art in PISEC Outreach.
- NSF Advancing Informal STEM Learning Award 2014: Pathways: Measuring the Impact of Participation on Informal STEM Programming on University Students
- CU Chancellor's Award 2013-2014: Characterizing the Development of University Students who Participate in Informal STEM Programming
- CU Outreach Award 2011-2012, 2012-2013: Building Undergraduate Leaderhip, Teaching Skills, and Scholarly Research in Diverse Local Afterschool Programs