Interested in learning more about research, creative work, internships and study abroad? Apply by Jan. 24 for our program that helps first-generation students build a successful career path.
The goal of this program is to help first-generation students develop the skills to build their own pathway to a successful post-graduate career.
- Bi-weekly workshops and trainings highlighting professional and personal development skills from early February through mid-April.
- Culminates in a research, creative work, internship, education abroad or other experiential learning opportunity that begins within three semesters after workshops are completed. Note that students will need to apply to this opportunity separately.
- Eligible to receive $2,000 for completing the workshops and workshop surveys, and an additional $3,000 once experiential learning opportunity begins.
This program is funded through Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI), a Colorado Department of Higher Education grant program that works to lower barriers to higher education and professional training by providing financial support and academic enrichment programs.
Students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Graduate of a Colorado high school
- First-generation undergraduate student
- Expected family contribution at or below 250% Pell Eligibility AND a current FAFSA/CAFSA on file
- Active participant in a CU LEAD Alliance Program or similar student support program
All applicants must commit to the following workshops and trainings. Please review before applying, as all of the programming is mandatory.
- Kick-Off Event • Feb. 8, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Kittredge Central Multipurpose Rooms A and B
- Career Services Workshops. Participants are only required to attend one session of each of these workshops and complete the corresponding post-workshop surveys to receive credit.
- ODECE hosted workshops. Participants are only required to attend one session of each of these workshops and complete the corresponding post-workshop surveys to receive credit.
- Write Out Loud: Enhancing your Written Communication • Feb. 14 & 17, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Speak to Lead: Professional and Business Speaking • Feb. 28 & March 3, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Explore your Curiosity: An Intro to Research • March 14 & 17, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Skills for Success Intro Workshop: Destressing the Career Path • March 28, 10 to 11 a.m. & April 1, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Check-in: Looking Ahead
- The Value of You • March 28 & 31, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Applicants who plan to graduate before fall 2022: Acceptance into the experiential learning opportunity must occur before graduation. Please contact us prior to submitting your application to discuss your timeline.
Questions? Contact Savannah Santana, student success program coordinator