The ODECE Student Support Fund provides financial assistance to undergraduate CU LEAD Alliance, First Gen, or historically underrepresented students with demonstrated financial need to cover their tuition, fees and other costs related to attaining a degree.
If you are experiencing a temporary financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. Please apply for the CU Boulder Student Emergency Fund first.
The ODECE Student Support Fund is limited and not intended to provide ongoing support for recurring expenses. Applications will be evaluated based on a student's unmet need; Requests may not be fully funded.
This support is provided in the form of a scholarship that does not need to be repaid. Applications will be reviewed by the ODECE scholarship committee on a monthly basis, due dates are listed below. Students will be notified the following month regarding their scholarship application.
Many factors are taken into consideration when reviewing applications and determining scholarship amounts. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- Must have first applied for the CU Boulder Student Emergency Fund
- Letter of Support from faculty or staff
- Letter must provide a clear explanation of the student's circumstance and address and prioritize cost of attendance needs
- ODECE will work with the Office of Financial Aid to verify applicant's unmet need
- Availability of funding
- The nature and urgency of the student’s emergency and if they have previously received emergency grant funding
- Financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA or CAFSA (ASSET students)
- You must first have submitted an application for the CU Boulder Student Emergency Fund
- You must complete the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or NOT be eligible for federal financial aid
- You must demonstrate that you have exhausted all aid options offered through the CU Boulder Office of Finanical Aid
- You must be an enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate student
- You must be enrolled in at least one credit hour during the semester that the request is made
- You must be meeting the requirements of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- You must not be on academic suspension, behavioral probation or suspension
- The value of the scholarship will vary according to the needs of the student and the availability of funds
- Students are eligible to receive an ODECE student support scholarship 1x per academic year to support cost of attendance
- Complete the ODECE Student Support Fund Application only if you have already applied for the Student Relief Fund
- Indicate the amount of your scholarship request and explain how the scholarship will assist you in continuing your studies
- Attach a letter of support* from a CU Boulder faculty or staff member is required (*the letter of support must include details about your circumstances)
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MST
- Saturday, October 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MST
- Monday, November 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MST
- Friday, January 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. MST
- Future dates TBD based on tuition deadlines