Sometimes it is difficult to slow down in our busy day and check ourselves: do our actions align with our values?
Think about the times you might have witnessed a microagression, a thinly-veiled derrogatory comment against yourself or someone else regarding innate factors of personal identity. Did this happen in a store or restaurant... on a public bus... or in a classroom or office on campus? When it happened, did you speak up? Did you feel equipped to respond in the situation? Do you ever get to debrief about these kinds of interactions, or discuss what might have been done differently? What if you could?
Individuals across our CU Boulder community who are interested in making excellence inclusive are invited to attend ODECE's open Inclusive Communities of Practice (ICoP) sessions. These are 90-minute meetings organized around a topic related to diversity, inclusion, equity, social justice, and human interaction. These conversations are meant to be “brave spaces” where faculty, staff and students can talk honestly about areas of concern and practice techniques for making excellence inclusive in your everyday lived experiences.
ODECE's Inclusive Communities of Practice (ICoP) are organized to specifically relate to teaching and learning (pedagogy) practices, and workplace practices, respectively.
We've been hosting these sessions since the Fall of 2017 and welcome guest presenters or guest topic facilitators. We often draw on topics that are inspired by ODECE's nationally-known expert practitioners from our Inclusive Pedagogy Workshop series.
If you have any questions about the ICoP, or if you would like to join our mailing list, please reach out to Dr. Alaina Beaver, Initiatives Director of Social Climate Strategy.
Upcoming Meetings TBA for Fall 2019
Stay tuned for our Fall 2019 schedule coming by the end of Summer!
- 9/12/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 1B86 | - Reddit: Policies, strategies, and lessons learned while implementing inclusive workplace practices
- 9/26/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 1B86 | Topic: How to talk about race in the workplace
- 10/10/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 252 | Topic: Accessibility in the workplace
- 10/24/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 252 | Topic: Accessibility in the workplace
- 11/7/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 252 | Topic: Equity in the workplace, succession planning
- 12/5/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 252 | Topic: The IDEA Plan and the workplace
- 12/12/18 2:00 – 3:30 pm in Regent 252 | Topic: The IDEA Plan and the workplace
- 2/13/19 10:00 - 11:30 am in Regent 1B86 | Topic: How to Apply the IDEA Plan to Your Workplace and Practices
- 2/27/19 10:00 - 11:30 am in Regent 1B86 | Topic: How to Apply the IDEA Plan to Your Workplace and Practices
- 3/13/19 10:00 - 11:30 am in Regent 1B60 | Topic: Cancelled: snow day
- 4/10/19 10:00 - 11:30 am in Regent 1B86 | Topic: Cancelled: conflict with Chancellor's Advisory Committees meeting with the Chancellor's Cabinet
- 4/24/19 10:00 - 11:30 am in Regent 1B86 | Topic: Making Excellence Inclusive in the Workplace and the Classroom in Localized Ways
- 4/29/19 10:00 - 11:30 am in Regent 1B86 | Topic: Inclusion and High Impact Practices in the Student Workplace with the CU Peak Program