Due to extensive planning for the systemwide CU Social Justice Summit, which CU Boulder hosted this year, the Office of Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement (ODECE) did not hold its annual Diversity and Inclusion Summit in spring 2023. This decision enabled ODECE staff to assist in organizing CU's biennial Social Justice Summit which took place on Jan. 31, 2023. Session recordings will be available soon on the summit website.
Since 1985, our office has sponsored diversity and inclusion summits to continue this ongoing education. They are offered twice a year, during fall and spring semesters. Each summit offers the opportunity for the campus and the local community to discuss important issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion and how we as individuals and as a campus can more effectively address these issues and combat racism and inequity.
Past topics have included:
- The Power of Community: C.L.I.M.B. with Purpose
- The Power of Community - Courage, Healing, and Unity
- Diversity Intentionality: Humanity in Action
- Inclusion, Resilience and Service
- Building the Road Map: "Finding Our Way"
- Becoming Undivided Honoring Differences