The CU Boulder Inclusion, Diversity and Excellence in Academics (IDEA) Plan is the culminating efforts of four years of groundwork and effort, the Inclusion, Diversity and Excellence in Academics (IDEA) Plan is officially complete and available for the campus. The IDEA Plan is the campus’ blueprint for diversity, equity and inclusive excellence outlining three key areas of impact: climate, infrastructure and leadership in addition to identifying 5 actions to achieve results (CLIMB).
- Cultivate success for a diverse undergraduate and graduate student body with new financial resources and programming;
- Learn and lead effective efforts to attract and retain a diverse faculty and staff;
- Increase financial resources and incentives to undertake diversity and inclusion work;
- Move accountability for diversity and inclusion from the periphery to core institutional functioning;
- Build institutional infrastructures and human capacity to implement the plan.
The campuswide Inclusion, Diversity & Excellence in Academics (IDEA) Plan provides:
- An evolving definition of diversity and inclusion at CU Boulder
- Concrete recommendations for achieving diversity goals and action items in support of those goals
- Defined assessment tools that will be used to determine progress towards specific goals and identifying initiatives requiring modification
- Recommendations based on actions most likely to have an immediate and positive impact on inclusive excellence and campus climate
Read through the various stages of effort and campuswide involvement that have led to the current moment.
Read the IDEA Plan Submit IE Narrative