The CU Boulder Inclusion, Diversity and Excellence in Academics (IDEA) Plan is the campus’s blueprint for diversity, equity and inclusive excellence. This plan outlines goals for climate, infrastructure and leadership as well as recommendations and actions, the result of five years of collaborative work across campus.
3 Key Goals
- Build a campus climate characterized by a deep sense of belonging and based on a strong commitment to respect and care for all members of the CU Boulder community.
- Hire and retain diverse faculty, staff and students who reflect the global society our students will lead.
- Ensure a curriculum that fosters intercultural competence and prepares critical thinkers who innovate through embracing multiple perspectives.
- Improve elements of the infrastructure that enable work and professional and personal growth—policies, systems, professional development, organizational learning, data and accountability.
- Commit to both transformational and continuous improvement.
- Create and implement strategies to ensure progress and continuity of diversity, equity and inclusive excellence efforts among CU Boulder’s central and distributed executive leadership,
- Emphasize proper hand-offs of initiatives to new leaders when they arrive and the development of a layered understanding of how to evaluate progress, success and ongoing challenges.