Department of Integrative Physiology
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0354
- Reproductive endocrinology of vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Specific research foci include the development of a population of neuroendocrine neurons critical for vertebrate reproduction, functional and structural evolution of reproductive neurohormones, and how sex steroids regulate hypothalamic, pituitary, and gonadal functions.
- Reproductive Endocrinology Laboratory.
- Kavanaugh SI, Tsai P-S. Functional authentication of a novel gastropod gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor reveals unusual features and evolutionary insight. PLoS One11: e0160292, 2016.
- Miller AV, Kavanaugh SI, Tsai P-S. Disruption of the suprachiasmatic nucleus in fibroblast growth factor signaling-deficient mice. Fronters in Endocrinology 7: 11, 1-8, 2016.
- Plachetzki DC, Tsai P-S, Kavanaugh SI, Sower SA. Ancient origins of metazoan gonadotropin-releasing hormone and their receptors revealed by phylogenomic analyses. General and Comparative Endocrinology 234: 10-19, 2016.