Published: March 7, 2017

I am Guangzhe Gao, a second-year PHD student from Jeffery Stansbury’s group. It is really an honor to be a member of Materials Science and Engineering program. When I was an undergraduate student, I usually heard University of Colorado Boulder from professors and friends that it is a really wonderful university. So it’s all natural to apply the MSE program when I was graduated from materials science. And this is the best choice I have ever made in my life to take the CU Boulder’s offer. Not only because the CU Boulder is one of the most famous and beautiful universities in the U.S., but also MSE program can provide chances that no one else can offer. MSE program integrates with so many departments including Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and so on, and also a lot of famous professors and scholars with plenty research projects. The students of MSE from all over the world are taken good care of by the faculties when we first got here. We did not need to make the decision of advisor or project in hurry since we have a year to rotate in different labs. And at the same time we can strengthen our fundamental knowledge about materials by taking required courses. After trying different researches and talking with a few professors, we can safely and confidently choose our favorite advisor and project and also the best path to take the selective courses. Based on my academic background and interest, I am now working in Stansbury’s lab on dental polymer. MSE is a great family, and as an international student from China, I quickly made a lot of friends and got used to the life in the U.S. I really appreciate MSE program and all the faculties that helped me so I can have a really wonderful life here in CU Boulder

.Guangzhe Gao