Wednesday, February 3- 4:00-5:30pm Kristine Jackson
· Talk with the Admissions and Financial Director of the University of Colorado Law School. She will be discussing admission requirements including G.P.A, LSAT scores, as well as financial planning. She will also be holding a resume building activity with advice on the best attributes to add on your resume. This would be a good chance to make professional connections, understand the admissions process, and strengthen your resume.
Wednesday, February 24- 4:00pm-5:30pm Paul Chin
· Description: Interested in the Public Defender's office? Talk with a law school student who has worked in the Public Defender's office. Hear his experiences and what it is like to be a Public Defender. Get a chance to understand his law school journey and how he got internships in the Public Defender's Office.
Thursday, March 4 – 6:00pm-7:30pm Law Student Panel
· Have your questions answered about what it's like to apply to Law School with our Law-Student panel. We have three amazing law-students at the University of Colorado’s Law School who are coming in to talk about their experiences of applying to Law School. They will be talking about what made them stand out in the application process, why they chose CU Law, what path they took to get to Law School and much more! This is a great opportunity to ask questions that you have about the preparation and application process to students who have been in your shoes.
Saturday, March 27 – 10:00am-12:00pm LSAT Practice Test
· The SASC Pre-Law Program is offering a FREE LSAT prep test. This is a great opportunity no matter where you are in preparing for the exam. This prep test will show you where you are in your studying for the exam, and will indicate what topics could use some more work. Note: in order for this to be a synchronous event we will need at least 5 participants. If you would like to register for the exam, please email either Aidan or Riya at Aidan.Wiemer@colorado.edu or Riya.Shrestha@colorado.edu by March 20th.
Wednesday, April 7 – 5:00pm-6:30pm Matthew Van Wyhe
· SASC instructor Matthew Van Wyhe will be reviewing the hardest topics from the LSAT prep test offered on March 27th. Mr. Van Wyhe will go over how to approach the different types of LSAT questions and will go over examples from the LSAT prep test. This is a great opportunity to learn methods and strategies to improve your LSAT score and to start your studying on the right track.