The Peer Mentor Program is a program designed to support students navigate campus during their first year at CU. McNeill Mentors support student’s successful transition to the academic, cultural and social demands of the university. Peer Mentors are availible to meet individually with first year students and organize group events throughout the academic year.
The McNeill Peer Mentors are hosting the following events for first and second-year students.
Wednesday, September 22, 5:30pm- Radical Reimagining follow-up
Tuesday, October 19, 5:30pm- Movement Workshop
Tuesday October 26, 5:30pm- Art Workshop
Wednesday November 10, 5:30pm- Gratitude Workshop
Group Meetings: Wednesday, October 6 and Wednesday, November 3 at 5:30 pm
Be a McNeill Peer Mentor
Mentor applications go live during mid-March. Keep an eye on the Newsflash for more information and to ensure you submit your application by the deadline.
- Be a current McNeill participant
- Minimum 2.7 GPA
- At least 1 year commitment
- Be committed to using your skills to support someone else
- Adhere to ethical behavior and maintain confidentiality
- Provide support and guidance to first year mentees
- Connect students to campus resources and assist with college learning strategies
- Communication with McNeill Mentor Coordinator
- Contribute to supportive SASC environment
- Attend at least 1 community or leadership development event
- Attend weekly mentor meetings
For more information about the program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org