During the second half of 2022, MEDLab led seven communities to explore together the needs, ethics, and challenges of emerging decentralized technologies. What began as an errant search for practical tools became an exploration of ritual, relationship, and poetics. This fully illustrated, 80-page zine compiles reflections and learnings from the Sacred Stacks cohort.
The result, if we may say so, is beautiful.
The communities that participated are:
- Iraqi Journalists Rights Association (Baghdad, Iraq)
- Kibilio Community & Farm (Western MA, USA)
- Meli Bees Network (Barreirinha, Araribóia, Brazil and Berlin, Germany)
- Sans Souci Cooperative (Boulder, CO, USA)
- Survivors Know (Chicago, IL, USA)
- Unheard Voices Outreach (Nashville, TN, USA)
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (San Francisco, CA, USA)
The process was facilitated by MEDLab and the Center for Media, Religion and Culture at CU Boulder, in collaboration with:
- Hypha Worker Co-operative
- Ritual Point Art & Divination
- Tech Chaplaincy Institute
Sacred Stacks was supported by the Henry Luce Foundation, the Filecoin Foundation for the Decentralized Web, and Starling Lab for Data Integrity.