This short course will cover simple and multiple linear regression analysis, with examples in SPSS and SAS. The course will discuss some useful concepts in linear regression analysis such as:
- How to use the F-test to determine if your predictor variables have a statistically significant relationship with your outcome/response variable?
- What are the assumptions for linear regression analysis and what you should do to meet these assumptions?
- Why adjusted R2 is smaller than R2 and what these numbers mean when comparing between several models.
- For which predictors are the regression coefficients significantly different than zero?
- What is the difference between regression and ANOVA and when are they equivalent?
- How can you select the best model?