R is a free computing and graphical software/environment for statistical analysis. Part III of this short course consists of 3 sections:
- Section 5 introduces the concept of generalized linear models. R will be used for performing logistic regression and Poisson regression.
- Section 6 introduces the concept of categorical data analysis. Topics to be covered include: graphical displays of categorical data, measures of association, and contingency tables analyses.
- Section 7 will cover writing functions in R. Users can write functions in R to carry out operations and return one or more values. Examples of functions will be given and participants will also be given exercises to help with writing their own functions.
Note: experience using R or attending Part I and Part II of this series is suggested but not required for Part III.
R can be downloaded here: http://www.r-project.org/
RStudio can be downloaded here: http://rstudio.org/download/desktop
This 2 hour course is broken into two sections on Vimeo:
1. Categorical Data Analysis (http://vimeo.com/53859868)
2. Generalized Linear Models (http://vimeo.com/53966188)