"Introductory Tutorial on R" topics to be covered:
- Who is Nels Johnson?
- What is R?
- Where can I download it? (http://cran.r-project.org/)
- Importing, exporting, and managing data
- Basic regression and t-tests
- Logical Statements
- Random Numbers
- R resources and help
Before you show up:
- Install R on your laptop
- Bring your laptop with its battery fully charged to the presentation.
- Think of a statistical method you think is relevant to your research, bring the name of it in with you.
There will be a power point (.pdf), however most of the presentation will be done in R off of heavily notated coding examples. The instructor will provide them as .txt files for those who don't install R on their laptop.