Office: Ramaley W205B
- Neuromuscular determinants of motor function (movement) in health and disease.
- Neurophysiology of Movement Laboratory.
- 1968-1970, Dip. P.E., University of Otago, New Zealand
- 1971, Dip. Teaching, Christchurch Teachers College, New Zealand
- 1974-1976, M.S., University of Washington , Seattle, WA.
- 1976-1981, Ph.D., University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- 1981-1987, Assistant Professor, Department of Exercise & Sport Sciences, University of Arizona , Tucson, AZ.
- 1986-1990, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1987-1992, Associate Professor, Department of Exercise & Sport Sciences, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1990-1992, Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1992-1993, Professor, Departments of Exercise & Sport Sciences and Physiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1993-1996, Staff Scientist, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- 1996-2002, Professor, Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2000-2002, Chair, Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2003-Present, Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 2003-2013, Chair, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 2003-Present, Adjoint Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado
- 2011-Present, Adjoint Professor, Department of Neurology, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado
- 2016-2017, Chair, Department of Mathematics, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2018-2020, Associate Chair, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder
Honors and Awards
- 1989-1990, President, American Society of Biomechanics
- 1990-1998, Member, World Committee for Biomechanics.
- 1992-1996, NIH Study Section, Respiratory and Applied Physiology
- 1992-1996, American Physical Therapy Association, Research Advisory Panel
- 2004, Presidential Lecture, annual meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine
- 2011, Muybridge Award, International Society of Biomechanics
- 2018, Basmajian Award, International Society of Electrophysiology and Kinesiology
- 2018, Borelli Award, American Society of Biomechanics
- Almuklass AM, Capobianco RA, Feeney DF, Alvarez E, Enoka RM. Sensory nerve stimulation causes an immediate improvement in motor function of persons with multiple sclerosis: a pilot study. Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders 38: 101508, 2020.
- Capobianco RA, Mazzo MM, Enoka RM. Self-massage prior to stretching improves flexibility in young and middle-aged adults. Journal of Sport Sciences 4: 1-8, 2019.
- Davis LA, Alenazy MS, Almuklass AM, Feeney DF, Vieira T, Botter A, Enoka RM. Force control during submaximal isometric contractions is associated with walking performance in persons with multiple sclerosis. Journal of Neurophysiology 123: 2191-2200, 2020.
- Davis LA, Allen SP, Hamilton LD, Grabowski AM, Enoka RM. Age-independent differences in postural sway of young and older adults are associated with the ability to perform steady contractions with leg muscles. Experimental Brain Research 238: 487-497, 2020.
- Davis LA, Carzoli JP, Feka K, Nelson C. Enoka RM. Exercise with TENS does not augment the gains in balance and strength for dancers. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 56: 102507, 2021.
- Del Vecchio A, Casolo A, Negro F, Scorcelletti M, Bazzucchi I, Enoka RM, Felici F, Farina D. The increase in muscle force after four weeks of strength training is mediated by adaptations in motor unit recruitment and rate codling. Journal of Physiology 597: 1873-1887, 2019.
- Del Vecchio A, Holobar A, Falla D, Felici F, Enoka RM, Farina D. Tutorial: Analysis of motor unit discharge characteristics from high-density surface EMG signals. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 53: 102426, 2020.
- Enoka RM. A primer on motor unit physiology. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 47: 123-124, 2019.
- Enoka RM. Physiological validation of the decomposition of surface EMG signals. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 46: 70-83, 2019.
- Enoka RM, Amiridis IG, Duchateau J. Electrical stimulation of muscle: electrophysiology and rehabilitation. Physiology 35: 40-56, 2020.
- Hamilton LD, Mazzo MM, Petrigna L, Ahmed AA, Enoka RM. Poor estimates of motor variability are associated with longer grooved pegboard times for middle-aged and older adults. Journal of Neurophysiology 121: 588-601, 2019.
- Mani D, Feeney DF, Enoka RM. The modulation of force steadiness by electrical nerve stimulation applied to the wrist extensors differs for young and older adults. European Journal of Applied Physiology 119: 301-310, 2019.
- Marshall PW, Metcalf E, Hagstrom AD, Cross R, Siegler JC, Enoka RM. Changes in fatigue are the same for trained men and women after resistance exercise. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 52: 196-204, 2020.