Office: Ramaley N384
- Reproductive endocrinology of vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Specific research foci include the development of a population of neuroendocrine neurons critical for vertebrate reproduction, functional and structural evolution of reproductive neurohormones, and how sex steroids regulate hypothalamic, pituitary, and gonadal functions.
- Reproductive Endocrinology Laboratory.
- 1983-1987, B.S., Zoology, Texas A&M Univeristy, College Station, TX
- 1987-1989, M.S., Zoology, University of California at Berkeley
- 1989-1993, Ph.D., Zoology, University of California at Berkeley
- 1993-1995, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of OB/GYN and Reproductive Sciences, University of California at San Francisco.
- 1995-1996, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physiology, University of California at Los Angeles
- 1996-1999, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- 1999-2003, Assistant Professor, Department of EPO Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2003-2006, Assistant Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2006-2012, Associate Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2012-present, Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- 2014-2017, Chair, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Honors and Awards
- 1990-1991, Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor, University of California at Berkeley
- 1993-1995, NIH Postdoctoral National Research Service Award
- 1997-2003, NSF CAREER Award
- 2005-2009, Editorial Board, Biology of Reproduction
- 2008-2009, The Endocrine Society Research Award
- 2010, Provost's Faculty Achievement Award
- 2011-present, Associate Editor, Frontiers in Endocrinology
- 2013-2014, Excellence in Leadership Program Fellow
- Kavanaugh SI, Tsai P-S. Functional authentication of a novel gastropod gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor reveals unusual features and evolutionary insight. PLoS One 11: e0160292, 2016.
- Martillotti AW, Tsai P-S. An adipokinetic hormone acts as a volume regulator in the intertidal gastropod mollusk, Aplysia californica. Frontiers in Endocrinology 9: 493, 1-10, 2018
- Miller AV, Kavanaugh SI, Tsai P-S. Disruption of the suprachiasmatic nucleus in fibroblast growth factor signaling-deficient mice. Fronters in Endocrinology 7: 11, 1-8, 2016.
- Plachetzki DC, Tsai P-S, Kavanaugh SI, Sower SA. Ancient origins of metazoan gonadotropin-releasing hormone and their receptors revealed by phylogenomic analyses.General and Comparative Endocrinology 234: 10-19, 2016.
- Tsai P-S. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone by any other name would smell as sweet. General and Comparative Endocrinology 264: 58-63, 2018.