Professor • Associate Chair
Office: Ramaley N384
- Reproductive endocrinology of vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Specific research foci include the development of a population of neuroendocrine neurons critical for vertebrate reproduction, functional and structural evolution of reproductive neurohormones, and how sex steroids regulate hypothalamic, pituitary, and gonadal functions.
- Reproductive Endocrinology Laboratory.
- 1983-1987, B.S., Zoology, Texas A&M University
- 1987-1989, M.S., Zoology, University of California, Berkeley
- 1989-1993, Ph.D., Zoology, University of California, Berkeley
- 1993-1995, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of OB/GYN and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco.
- 1995-1996, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physiology, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1996-1999, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs
- 1999-2003, Assistant Professor, Department of EPO Biology, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2003-2006, Assistant Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2006-2012, Associate Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2012-present, Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2014-2017, Chair, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado Boulder
- 2021-present, Associate Chair, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado Boulder
Honors and Awards
- 1990, Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor, University of California at Berkeley
- 1993, NIH Postdoctoral National Research Service Award
- 1997, NSF CAREER Award
- 2005-2009, Editorial Board, Biology of Reproduction
- 2008, The Endocrine Society Research Award
- 2010, Provost's Faculty Achievement Award
- 2011-present, Associate Editor, Frontiers in Endocrinology
- 2013, Excellence in Leadership Program Fellow
- Martillotti AW, Tsai P-S. An adipokinetic hormone acts as a volume regulator in the intertidal gastropod mollusk, Aplysia californica. Frontiers in Endocrinology 9: 493, 2018
- Tsai P-S. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone by any other name would smell as sweet. General and Comparative Endocrinology 264: 58-63, 2018.
- Fodor I, Zrinyi Z, Horváth R, Urbán P, Herczeg R, Büki G, Koene JM, Tsai P-S, Pirger Z. Identification, presence, and possible multifunctional regulatory role of invertebrate gonadotropin-releasing hormone/corazonin molecule in the great pond snail (Lymnaea stagnalis). General and Comparative Endocrinology 299: 113621, 2020.
- Dela Cruz C, Horton CA, Sanders KN, Andersen ND, Tsai P-S. Conditional Fgfr1 deletion in GnRH neurons leads to minor disruptions in the reproductive axis of male and female mice. Frontiers in Endocrinology 11: 588459, 2021
- Laphyai P, Kruangkum T, Chotwiwatthanakun C, Semchuchot W, Thaijongrak P, Sobhon P, Tsai P-S, Vanichviriyakit R. Suppression of a novel vitellogenesis-inhibiting hormone significantly increases ovarian vitellogenesis in the black tiger shrimp, Penaeus monodon. Frontiers in Endocrinology 12: 760538, 2021