Associate Professor Emeritus
Office: Carlson 202A
- Neuroendocrine and biochemical adaptations associated with acute and chronic exercise, exercise immunology, high-altitude physiology, and aging.
- Exercise Biochemistry and Cell Physiology Laboratories.
- 1970-1974, B.S., North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
- 1975-1977, M.S., Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- 1978-1982, Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
- 1974-1975, Research Organic Chemist, Research Triangle Institute. Research Triangle Park, NC.
- 1975-1977, Exercise Technician and Leader, Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC.
- 1980-1981, Associate Director and Founder, U.C. Fitness Evaluation Program, University of California, Berkeley.
- 1980-1982, Research Associate, Exercise Physiology Laboratory, University of California, Berkeley.
- 1982-1985, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Santa Barbara.
- 1985-1991, Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- 1992-2003, Associate Professor, Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
- 2003-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
Honors and Awards
- 1995-1997, Chair, Exercise and Aging Committee, American College of Sports Medicine.
- 1995-1996, Member, Grant Review Committee, Colorado Heart Association.
- 1996-1999, Advisory Board for Environmental and Exercise Physiology, American Physiological Society.
- 1996-Date, Editorial Board, Journal of Applied Physiology, American Physiological Society.
- 2000-Date, Associate Editor, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise.
- 2000-Date, Assistant Editor, Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews