Ensure international visitors enter the country in a business (B1 or WB) status, rather than a tourist status (B-2 or WT) to prevent difficulties in processing their reimbursement or honoraria.  Visitors should verify their status before leaving the port of entry.  Contact Karen before the visit if the visitor is on anything but a B1/B2 of WB/WT visa.

Visitors on a J-1 visa will need a permission letter from the institution they have the J-1 visa with.

Visitors on a J-2 visa without an EAD card cannot be paid honoraria or reimbursed for travel expenses.  Visitors on a tourist visa cannot be reimbursed airfare to/from home (they can be reimbursed airfare from their vacation location to Boulder).  Honoraria payments to international visitors are taxed 30%, travel expense reimbursements are not (usually) taxed. 

Assuming visitors you are admitted in a business status, we will require copies of the passport photo page, entry stamp (or I-94 if one was issued), and form W-8BEN with parts I and IV completed in order to process the reimbursement.