- Hiding Filthy Lucre in Plain Sight: Theory and Identification of Business-Based Money Laundering (with Alessandro Peri and Anna Rubinchik), 2022.
- Global Knowledge Flows, Absorptive Capacity, and Capability Acquisition: Old Ideas, Recent Evidence, and New Approaches (with Lee Branstetter), 2022.
- Intellectual Property Rights and Inequality: Economic Considerations, 2021.
Recent published journal articles:
- International Protection of Consumer Data (with Yongmin Chen and Xinyu Hua), Journal of International Economics, 2021.
- Intellectual Property Enforcement, Exports and Productivity of Heterogeneous Firms: Evidence from China (with Huiwen Lai and Lei Yang), European Economic Review, April 2020.
- The Impact of Patent Protection and Financial Development on Industrial R&D (with Sahar Milani and Rebecca Neumann), Research Policy, Februar 2019.
- Domestic Patent Rights, Access to Technologies, and the Structure of Exports (with Lei Yang), Canadian Journal of Economics, May 2018.
- Fixed Export Costs and Firm-Level Export Behavior (with Luis Castro, Ben G. Li, and Yiqing Xie), Southern Economic Journal, July 2016.
- The Economic Effects of Counterfeiting and Piracy: A Review and Implications for Developing Countries (with Carsten Fink and Yi Qian), World Bank Research Observer.
- Retailers as Agents and the Limits of Parallel Trade (with Frank Staehler), European Economic Review, 2014.
Recent published book chapters:
- Benefits and Costs of Two Science and Technology Targets for the Post-2015 Development Agenda in Bjorn Lomborg, editor, Prioritizing Development: A Cost-Benefit Analysis of the United Nations Sutainable Development Goals, Cambridge University Press, 2018, 399-418.
- Patents and Technology Transfer through Trade and the Role of Regional Trade Agreements in Dieter Ernst and Michael J. Plummer, editors, Mega-Regionalism 2.0: Trade and Innovation within Global Networks, (Singapore: World Scientific Publishing), 2018, 127-144.
- Economic Development and Intellectual Property Rights: Key Analytical Results from Economics in Peter Menell and David Schwartz, editors, The Economics of Intellectual Property Law: Volume 2 Analytical Methods, (London: Edward Elgar), 2018, in press.
- International Agreements on Intellectual Property Rights: TRIPS and Beyond in Robert Looney, editor, Handbook of International Trade Agreements, (London: Routledge), 2018, 29-40.
- Economic Perspectives on Exhaustion and Parallel Imports in Irene Calboli and Edward Lee, editors, Research Handbook on Intellectual Property Exhaustion and Parallel Imports, (London: Edward Elgar), 2016, 106-124.