Welcome to my website! I am an Assistant Professor within the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering (ECEE) at the University of Colorado Boulder.
My background is in the broad areas of Optimization Theory, Signal Processing, and Control. The objective of current research efforts is to advance theory, algorithms, and analysis for optimization, control, and learning of network systems and cyber-physical systems, governed by complex physical, behavioral, and computational interdependencies. Current application domains include power and energy systems, transportation systems, and collaborative computing.
I am looking for motivated Ph.D. students with research interests in online optimization and decision systems, with potentiasl application domains that span power systems, wind farms, and transportation networks.
News and updates:
- Dec. '19: New grant! I received the National Science Foundation CAREER award from the Energy, Power, Control, and Networks (EPCN) program.
- Sep. '19: Welcome to Nicola Bastianello, Ph.D. student at the University of Padova. He joins our group as a visiting student.
- Aug. '19: Welcome to Felipe Galarza Jimenez! He will be pursuing his PhD under the joint supervision with Prof. Jorge I. Poveda.
- July '19: New grant! I am co-PI on the grant "Online and gradien-free optimization of power and energy systems," funded by NSF DMS, AMPS program.
- June '19: New grant! I am co-PI on the project "Multi-objective deep reinforcement learning for grid-interactive energy-efficient buildings," funded by DOE.
- April '19: I am now a member of the Affiliate Faculty Program of the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Feb. '19: I gave a talk for the Department Colloquium at the Department of Applied Mathematics at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Jan. '19: I gave an invited talk at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences at the University of Cambridge.
- Jan. '19: I gave a talk at the Department of Information Engineering at the University of Padova.
- Jan. '19: Welcome to Martina Bucciarelli. She is a Ph.D. student at the University of Siena, and she joins our group as a visiting student.
- Jan. '19: Welcome to Ana Ospina, new Ph.D. student in our group.
- Dec. '18: I will teach the course ECEN 5007-005 Optimization for Energy Systems in the Spring-2019 semester.
- Sep. '18: Welcome to Emilio Benenati. He is a master student at the ETH Zurich, and he joins our group as a visiting student.
- Aug. '18: Welcome to Amir Ajalloeian. He will purse his PhD under my supervision.
- Aug. '18: I teach the course ECEN 5008-006 Coordinated Control of Multi-agent Systems.
- Aug. '18: I started my Assistant Professor within the ECEE Department of the University of Colorado Boulder.