If you have been granted funding from the department through a Graduate Travel Award, please review and follow this policy.
Funding for travel is reimbursed through the University Finance System once the travel has been completed. In order to process your reimbursement request, all receipts and related documentation must be turned into the Department Program Manager within 10 days of return. To receive reimbursement upon return, please submit the following to the Graduate Program Assistant:
- A copy of your complete funding application, including your budget
- The conference agenda that shows the dates of the event
- A quote from Christopherson Travel if the airline ticket was purchased from an outside vendor
- The itinerary of the airline ticket purchased that includes your full name, the dates of travel, the payment method used, and a confirmation of payment
- Any other receipts for expenses showing proof of payment (e.g., membership fees, lodging, transportation, etc.)
Further, please note the following:
- If you wish to purchase internet airfare (i.e., any airfare you purchase for yourself outside of university procurement systems), you must follow the PSC internet airfare purchasing procedures in order to be eligible for reimbursement. Before purchasing, you must first obtain a comparison quote for the same dates, routes, and general timeframes from Concur (domestic) or Christopherson Business Travel (international) prior to the internet purchase. A copy of the comparison report that validates each of these details (including the date that the quote was obtained) must be submitted with your receipts when you seek reimbursement after returning from your trip.
- If you are requesting that the department facilitate the purchase of your airline ticket in advance, please see the Department Program Manager at least one month before expected travel for guidance on purchasing your ticket through the Concur system. If the department purchases your ticket, and for any reason the travel is cancelled, you will be responsible for repayment of the full price of the ticket if it is not refundable.
- University employees traveling internationally with university funding are subject to additional policies and procedures, including requesting pre-approval via Concur.
- Expense reimbursement will only be granted for budgeted expenses allowable under PSC policy. Detailed/itemized receipts that show exactly what was purchased and demonstrate proof of payment are required for each individual expense. Receipts are not necessary for Meals & Incidentals (M&IE) per diem reimbursement, as that is a set rate based on the location you are visiting and the dates of your travel.
- The policy information provided here is not exhaustive and is subject to change. For more information about travel, please first review the PSC Policy Statement on Travel, and then schedule a meeting with department staff to go over additional details and questions.