CU Boulder is pleased to offer a campus sustainability program for faculty and staff. The educational program integrates many of CU’s campus sustainability initiatives, including transportation, purchasing, recycling and energy. The program has environmental and financial impacts, with very little time commitment. The CU Environmental Center coordinates the Green Office program. Employees can choose between a sustainability ambassador and a sustainability liaison role to engage with the program.
Designate a Sustainability Liasion
- A representative willing to facilitate the certification process, share E-Center news, and orient new staff and faculty to your office's sustainable practices.
Complete the Green Office Self-Assessment Forms
- These are forms provided by the Green Office Coordinator to collect data of your office practices.
- As you complete one, the next will be sent to you until you complete all the forms and get your score and Green Office rating.
- Schedule a walk-through of your office with the Green Office Program Coordinator (takes approximately 30 minutes). This is a great time to ask questions.
- Receive a list of practices to implement and better understand your office's sustainable strengths and areas of improvement.
- Make improvements where you can!
Schedule a Green Office Training Presentation
- Informational presentation on recycling, transportation, energy, and purchasing. It is one hour long and is for all staff in the department.
*It seems to be easiest to schedule this presentation during a staff meeting.