The Graduation Pledge of Social & Environmental Responsibility of the Graduation Pledge Alliance states:
"I pledge to explore and take into account the social and environmental consequences of any job I consider and to try to improve these aspects of any organizations for which I work."
Graduating seniors at CU Boulder can take the pledge and get an optional green cord to wear at graduation to show your commitment to environmental and social responsibility in your future career.
After you pledge
Optional Green Cords to wear with CU Boulder commencement regalia are available from the Environmental Center and can be paid for online.
- $6 covers the cost of a cord (including tax) which can be picked up from the Environmental Center.
- Cord pick-up times: April 12 - May 7, Monday - Friday 10am - 4 pm, University Memorial Center, UMC room 355.
- $10 covers the cost of a cord plus shipping to anywhere in the United States (allow 7-10 days for arrival).
- Cords are limited in supply and available on a first-come basis.
- Please consider donating your cord back to the program after graduation for re-use and to reduce cost for future grads.
Share your commitment on social media
- Use hashtags #CUgreengrad #CUgraduationpledge
- Frame your Facebook profile picture with the Green Graduation Pledge at CU Boulder
Tell your graduating friends to take the pledge too!