Boulder Community Health is supporting the 2021 CU Boulder Conference on World Affairs through their sponsorship of this year's health care theme.
The health theme explores the many factors that influence the quality and availability of health care in the United States; ranging from patients, policy, modern providers and the physicians of the future. Contributors to this year's health care discussions include Michael Jefferies, Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Boulder Community Health and Ben Keidan, Boulder Community Health Chief Medical Officer.
“Boulder Community Health is proud to sponsor the Conference on World Affairs and support this nationally recognized forum that brings experts from around the world to educate and inspire our community,” said Dr. Robert Vissers, President/CEO of Boulder Community Health.
“BCH’s vision is partnering to create and care for the healthiest community in the nation. We recognize the tremendously beneficial impact that CWA has on local life, invigorating our community intellectually and emotionally. It’s the quintessential Boulder event.”
View the 2021 CWA Health Care Sessions
9:00 - 10:15 a.m. MDT
Your Conscience and Health Care
- Jean Abbott, Faculty, Center for Bioethics and Humanities, CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Margaret Pabst Battin, Distinguished Professor, Philosophy and Medical Ethics, University of Utah
- George Otieno, Critical Care RN; Storyteller
- Matthew Wynia, Director, Center for Bioethics and Humanities, CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Moderator: Ben Keidan, Boulder Community Health Chief Medical Officer
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. MDT
Health Care Theme
Technology and Medicine
- Sandra Gollnick, Distinguished Professor of Tumor Immunology, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Michael Jefferies, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Boulder Community Health
- Josef F. Schmid III, NASA Flight Surgeon; Aquanaut; Air Force Major General
- Jacob Segil, Senior Instructor at Engineering Plus, Managing Director at Center for Translational Research, Research Healthcare Scientist at Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center
- Po Chi Wu, Adjunct Professor, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
- Moderator: Lauren Daniels, CU Student and CWA Student Program Chair
2:00 - 3:00 p.m. MDT
Health Care Theme
Can We Make Health Care Better and Cheaper?
We have the costliest system in the world with only average outcomes. Here are some solutions.
- Allison K. Hoffman, Professor, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Darrell G. Kirch, President Emeritus, Association of American Medical Colleges
- Trine Tsouderos, Managing Editor, PwC Health Research Institute
- Moderator: David Bachrach, President of The Physician Executive's Coach, Inc.
About Boulder Community Health
Boulder Community Health is an independent, nonprofit, integrated regional health system with facilities across Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Their mission is to provide their community with the highest value health care in an innovative, patient-centric environment. Their vision: Partnering to create and care for the healthiest community in the nation.
BCH is known across Colorado for clinical excellence in heart care, neurosurgery, stroke care, orthopedics and cancer care. They take pride in their tradition of being an early adopter of new technologies and medical techniques that improve care for their patients.