Food and Drinks
$: $5-10 $$: $10-25 $$$: $25+
- Laughing Goat Coffee: Located within Norlin Library (downstairs and on the opposite side of the building from the conference rooms). [$]
- Innisfree: Located on 13th St. & Pennsylvania Ave., Innisfree is a local bookstore and cafe [$]
- Starbucks: Take your pick! There are three within walking distance of campus: one inside our University Memorial Center, one on Baseline Rd. & Broadway, and one on 14th St. & College Ave. [$]
Drinks & Food
- No Name Bar: Small bar serving drinks and pizza on Broadway & Pleasant St. Look for the wooden door with the black grate on it back by the outdoor stairs (there's no sign). [$]
- Half Fast Subs: One of the most extensive sandwich menus you'll see. On 13th & Broadway. [$]
- Taco Junky & Tequila Bar: Just what the name says. On 13th St. between Pennyslvania Ave. & College Ave. [$]
- The Corner: Healthy lunch fare with gluten free & vegetarian options. On 13th St. & College Ave. [$]
- Cafe Aion: On 13th St. & Pennsylvania Ave, serves brunch in the mornings and tapas in the evenings. Great coffee and a great happy hour. [$$]
- The Sink: A Boulder institution. Burgers, sandwiches, pizza, salads, and all the weird wall cartoons you could ask for. Look for it on 13th St. & Pennsylvania Ave. [$$]
- Ado's Kitchen & Bar: A range of different globally-inspired dishes (vegetarian and gluten-free options available). On 13th St. between Pennsylvania Ave. & College Ave. [$$]
Near Pearl St.
- Trident Booksellers & Cafe: A used bookstore attached to a coffee shop on Pearl St. & 10th St. [$]
- Ozo Coffee Co.: Local beans on Pearl St. & 10th St. [$]
- The Cup: A small coffee shop on Pearl St. & 16th St. [$]
- Amante Coffee: Coffee shop on 11th St. & Walnut St. [$]
Drinks & Food
- West Flanders Brewing Co.: Local Belgian-style brewery with pub-style food. Located by Pearl St. & Broadway [$$]
- Snooze A.M. Eatery: A popular brunch place on Pearl St. & 16th. If you come on Saturdays, plan for a wait or get there early. [$$]
- The Kitchen Next Door: Next door to The Kitchen, a more affordable pub-style restaurant with lots of local beer on tap. [$$]
- Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery: A cash-only local brewery, linked with Southern Sun and Vine St. pubs. On 16th St. & Pearl St. ATMs are located nearby. [$$]
- Sherpa House: Tibetan food & beautiful outdoor seating. Between 8th & 9th St. on Walnut St. [$$]
- Pizzeria Locale: Neapolitan-style pizza and an extensive wine list. On 18th St. & Pearl St. [$$]
- The Med: Medeterranian fare and tapas. Located on 10th St. & Walnut St. [$$]
- Boulder Dushanbe Tea House: Located next to the Boulder Creek on 13th St. & Canyon Blvd., the Tea House offers a wide range of teas and a unique menu. [$$-$$$]
- The Kitchen: Upscale bistro on Pearl St. & 11th St. [$$$]
- The Black Cat: On 13th & Pearl St., a local farm to table restaurant with inventive multi-course tasting options. [$$$]
- SALT Bistro: On 11th & Pearl St., local farm to table fare. [$$$]
- The Oak: a much touted inventive restaurant doing contemporary twists. Located on 14th and Pearl St. [$$$]
- Frasca: Located on 18th & Pearl St., this is perhaps Boulder's most celebrated restaurant. Features Northern Italian fare and an extensive wine list. [$$$]
- L'Atelier: Also located on 18th & Pearl St., L'Atelier offers fine French dining. Its regularly rotating menu often features seafood. [$$$]
Near the Hotels
- The Buff: The most popular brunch place in Boulder, with good reason. On weekends, aim to go earlier in the morning. Located on 26th St. & Canyon Blvd. [$$]
- Backcountry Pizza: Great pizza (even gluten-free), great beer menu. Find it on Arapahoe Ave. & Folsom St. [$$]
- Blackbelly Market: A fitting choice for meat-lovers. (And, for cooking show fans, Blackbelly's chef won Top Chef in 2009.) Off Arapahoe Ave., between Conestoga St. & 55th. [$$$]
Hiking & Nature
- Chatauqua Park: Including trails through the beautiful Flat Irons, Chatauqua Park offers gorgeous views of Boulder. If you're visiting us from sea-level, make sure to bring plenty of water, sturdy shoes, and sun screen on your hike!
- Boulder Reservoir: In the summer, the Reservoir offers places to swim and boat. In the fall, it's a beautiful place to take a stroll.
- The Boulder Creek: Running between Arapahoe Ave. and Canyon Blvd., the Creek flows through the downtown parks and offers an easy walk with beautiful scenery.
- Pearl St. Mall: Pearl St. offers many shops, restaurants, and Boulder charms to enjoy. Areas of it are pedestrian-only. Parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays within the parking houses. Located on Pearl St. between 8th St. & 20th St.
- Twenty-Ninth Street Mall: An outdoor promenade alongside shops, restaurants, and local grocery stores. Located on 29th St. & Arapahoe Ave.
- Boulder Farmer's Market: Shop goods from local artisans, farmers, and bakers. Saturdays on 13th St. between Arapahoe Ave. & Canyon Blvd. 8am-2pm.
Breweries, Tea Tours, & More
- Celestial Seasonings Factory: Take a free tour and drink lots of tea. Find it on Sleepytime Dr. in the northern end of Boulder. [$]
- Restone Meadery: A small, unassuming storefront allows free tastings of local honey wine. Located on 47th St. & Pearl St. [$]
- Beyond the Mountain: A newly-opened local brewery that also occasionally has food trucks. On Spine Rd. & Longbow Dr. [$]
- Upslope Brewing Co.: On Central Ave. & S. Flatiron Ct., a local brewery that also features food trucks. [$]
- Rayback Collective: Boulder's "foodpark," hosting a bar, food trucks, and games. [$]
- Avery Brewing Co.: On 63rd St. & Nautilus Drive, offers tours, beer, and food. [$$]
- Boulder Beer Co. on Wilderness Place: Full kitchen with local beer. They also have a location on Pearl St., but this one has better outdoor seating. Located on Wilderness Place, off of Valmont Rd. [$$]