Fall, 2023: The Extended Mind
Spring, 2023: The Origins of Science
- Advances in cognitive neuroscience promise to shed light on matters of longstanding philosophical interest, including the nature of the self and the content of thought and perception. At the same time, cognitive neuroscience, as a discipline, is the subject of much philosophical interest. What notion of mental representation, if any, does successful cognitive neuroscience presuppose? What methodological difficulties must be overcome by a flourishing cognitive neuroscience? How should we characterize local structures and mechanisms in the brain? Moreover, cognitive neuroscience provides a fertile ground for the exploration of more general questions about methodology and scientific processes, for example, to do with the nature of explanation or causal intervention. This conference will provide a venue for the interdisciplinary discussion of all of these issues and more.
- This local workshop will showcase the variety of philosophy of science being done at CU, Boulder.
- This 6th annual conference of the IAPT is hosted by CHPS. Scholars from around the world will present their cutting-edge research from scientific, philosophical, and historical perspectives on the nature of time.
- This conference is on a variety of historical and contemporary topics, from both scientific and philosophical perspectives, regarding probability and chance in science.
- This conference is on a variety of historical and contemporary topics, from both scientific and philosophical perspectives, regarding the laws of nature.