UCSB Sea Turtle Field Course and Expedition
2 WEEK PROGRAM | COSTA RICA | SUMMER 2024
Created by a graduate from UC Santa Bárbara - Bren School of Environmental Science & Management, BIOMA has provided to over one thousand university students worldwide with a two-week academic & high quality sea turtle experiential learning and hands-on research experience. Our participants collaborate side by side with experts to learn about sea turtle biology, ecology and management while doing impactful on-site conservation work and living in a local community.
Student teams (about 16 like-minded students per group), will build skills of real world application, boost their resume and knowledge while discovering incredible landscapes at Costa Rica’s Pacific sunshine coast.
- University student tailored, two-week hands-on research and conservation program with endangered sea turtles with experts.
- Some students can gain academic credit (4 units) through internship or independent studies (depending on the University).
- Travel to one of the most bio-diverse, safest and happiest countries in the world, Costa Rica.
- Become part of a wonderful local coastal community.
- Make friends and build connections with other like-minded students
- Boost your resume with an official Certificate from the Costa Rica Ministry of Environment.
- Apply what you learned in class into the field and connect with people & nature.
- Over 15 years of experience and more than one thousand students.
Limited spaces available