Please read the following information provided byUCSB's BIOMA sea turtle field course in Costa Rica:
UCSB Sea Turtle Field Course and Expedition
2 WEEK PROGRAM | COSTA RICA | SUMMER 2023
Created by a graduate from UC Santa Bárbara - Bren School of Environmental Science & Management, BIOMA has provided to over one thousand university students worldwide with a two-week academic & high quality sea turtle experiential learning and hands-on research experience. Our participants collaborate side by side with experts to learn about sea turtle biology, ecology and management while doing impactful on-site conservation work and living in a local community.
Student teams (about 14 like-minded students per group), will build skills of real world application, boost their resume and knowledge while discovering incredible landscapes at Costa Rica’s Pacific sunshine coast.
Join us at BIOMA and APPLY to not only learn about sea turtles and science. It's about connecting people and creating an unbreakable bond between science and humanities.
- Affordable, university student tailored, two-week hands-on research and conservation program with endangered seaturtles and experts in the field.
- Some students can gain academic credit (4 units) through internship or independent studies (depending on the University).
- Travel to one of the most bio-diverse, safest and happiest countries in the world, Costa Rica.
- Become part of a wonderful local coastal community.
- Make friends and build connections with other like-minded students
- Boost your resume with an official Certificate from the Costa Rica Ministry of Environment.
- Apply what you learned in class into the field and connect with people & nature.
- Over 15 years of experience and more than one thousand students.
Come Join us! Limited spaces available.