STATE OF COLORADO invites applications for the position of:
TEMPORARY Education Assistant – Denver
This is a temporary position. Applications will be considered from residents and non-residents of Colorado.
Job Posting Website to submit an application.
CLASS TITLE: TEMPORARY AIDE
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
PRIMARY PHYSICAL WORK ADDRESS: 6060 Broadway Denver, CO 80216
SALARY: $14.00 Hourly
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt; position is eligible for overtime compensation.
OPENING DATE: April 16, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
JOB TYPE: Temporary, 4 months
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION (9 MONTHS OR LESS) - PAYING $14.00__ PER HOUR
EMPLOYMENT STARTS 05/17/2021 THROUGH 08/17/2021.
To apply, please submit only your application (without attachments such as resumes or cover letters). This announcement will remain open until May 10th. You are encouraged to apply early.
The mission of the Colorado Department of Natural Resources is to develop, preserve, and enhance the state's natural resources for the benefit and enjoyment of current and future citizens and visitors. In an effort to build diversity and inclusion we welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
COLORADO PARKS AND WILDLIFE (CPW)
Our Mission is to perpetuate the wildlife resources of the state, to provide a quality state parks system, and to provide enjoyable and sustainable outdoor recreation opportunities that educate and inspire current and future generations to serve as active stewards of Colorado's natural resources. Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
An education based position that assists the Education Coordinator with coordinating and running teacher workshops, and trainings (Project WILD, National Archery in the Schools Program), administrative duties (overseeing the Critter Crate Program), staffing booths at outreach events and assisting agency staff and volunteers as needed.
● Oversee the Critter Crate program and prepare Project WILD workshops
● Schedule and facilitate environmental education programs and outreach events
● Recruit, schedule and compile materials for volunteer projects and programs
● Respond to inquiries from the general public, agency staff and volunteers on all facets of the education program
● Answer incoming calls, handle questions from the general public and direct to appropriate staff
● Work on general office duties filing, organizing and updating education materials and files
● Organize work and storage space areas as needed
● Assist with interpretive exhibits.
● Assist with equipment support and maintenance for outreach efforts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SUBSTITUTIONS, CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & APPEAL RIGHTS:
Graduation form an accredited college or university with a degree in Wildlife Biology, Natural Resources Management, Biology or a closely related field.
Substitutions: Additional appropriate experience in the field of environmental education will substitute for the degree requirements on a year-for-year basis.
● Must be 18 years of age or older (generally 16, 18, or 21)
● Must have a current & valid drivers' license or reliable transportation OR Must have a current & valid driver’s license required for operating a state vehicle
● The work-site will provide some uniform items, however the employee may be required to purchase limited uniform items at their own expense.
● Applicants may be subject to successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
● Must be willing and able to work 40 hours per week.
● Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
● Preference may be given to applicants with or working towards a Natural Resources degree or similar education.
● Previous experience in environmental education and working with the public required.
● Possess strong interpersonal communication skills to deliver excellent customer service.
● _1_ year(s) of professional experience in environmental education preferred.
● Basic computer skills required (MS Office Suite, Google App Suite)
● Ability to work with limited supervision and work well within a team.
● Must be willing and able to work outside which may involve inclement weather.
● Must be able to lift 50-100 pounds repeatedly during the course of a workday.