This semester, 10 faculty from across the college of Arts and Sciences participated in a Special Interest Group (SIG) on Encouraging and Developing Students’ Critical Thinking Skills. From readings and discussions, to student personas, to development of specific student activities; participants have been highly engaged in creating significant critical thinking learning experiences for their students. Due to popular demand, we’ll offer this SIG again during Spring 17. Please apply and include your available times to meet.
We recognize these Fall 16 Participants for their commitment to the continuous improvement of teaching and learning:
- Bilge Birsoy, Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology
- Doug Duncan, Program of Writing and Rhetoric
- Nicole Jobin, Sewell RAP
- Henry Lovejoy, History
- Suzanne Magnanini, French and Italian
- David Paradis, History
- Kathryn Plath, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Julian Resasco, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Petger Schaberg, Program of Writing and Rhetoric
- Andrew Martin, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
Definitions of Critical Thinking by our participants.