Published: Aug. 29, 2013

Unlike a nuisance party ticket, Party Registation is free. Register your Friday or Saturday night party with Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations to receive a 20 minute warning if a noise complaint is made on your house.

How Party Registration works:

  • Register your Friday or Saturday night party with Off-Campus Housing (UMC 313) by noon on Friday.
  • Provide your student ID, two phone numbers, and your address.
  • Your information will be faxed to Boulder dispatch on Friday.
  • If a noise complaint on your house is received, dispatch will call and give you a warning.
  • You will have 20 minutes to shut the party down and avoid a ticket.

Why register:

  • Unlike a nuisance party ticket, registration is FREE.
  • It gives you an opportunity to take responsibility for your party.

Want to know the fine print?

  • You must live at the house being registered. You cannot register a friend's party.
  • Regardless of Party Registration, you are still responsible for obeying city laws.
  • Party Registration does not guarantee that you will not get a ticket or that the cops will not stop by.
  • Party Registration warnings are for noise complaints only.
  • Parties in a common areas (apartment courtyards) cannot be registered.
  • All amplified music, including bands and DJs, must be inside the house.
  • Houses that receive two consecutive warnings from dispatch will lose party registration privileges for four months.

If you have questions, please contact Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations at 303-492-7053.