Unlike a nuisance party ticket, Party Registation is free. Register your Friday or Saturday night party with Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations to receive a 20 minute warning if a noise complaint is made on your house.
How Party Registration works:
- Register your Friday or Saturday night party with Off-Campus Housing (UMC 313) by noon on Friday.
- Provide your student ID, two phone numbers, and your address.
- Your information will be faxed to Boulder dispatch on Friday.
- If a noise complaint on your house is received, dispatch will call and give you a warning.
- You will have 20 minutes to shut the party down and avoid a ticket.
- Unlike a nuisance party ticket, registration is FREE.
- It gives you an opportunity to take responsibility for your party.
Want to know the fine print?
- You must live at the house being registered. You cannot register a friend's party.
- Regardless of Party Registration, you are still responsible for obeying city laws.
- Party Registration does not guarantee that you will not get a ticket or that the cops will not stop by.
- Party Registration warnings are for noise complaints only.
- Parties in a common areas (apartment courtyards) cannot be registered.
- All amplified music, including bands and DJs, must be inside the house.
- Houses that receive two consecutive warnings from dispatch will lose party registration privileges for four months.
If you have questions, please contact Off-Campus Housing & Neighborhood Relations at 303-492-7053.